1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting a new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mycirus, Nov 5, 2010.

1. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Hey Guys,

Picking up an 08 Duramax today. Keeping the old one and putting my brother to work with it. Has everything and only 19k miles. I will be looking for a backrack and possibly a lightbar if anyone in mass has anything, let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

beautiful truck. get a good deal on it?

3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I think so. I am paying 41k but it has a plow installed already 8 foot fisher hd. They are paying off my Altima at 18000 (really its only worth 16). So with those 2 things I think it evens it out. I am excited about it.

4. bremery

bremery Junior Member

I have a whelen patriot low profile strobe and LED bar that can be found on craigslist boston. Type in "whelen low profile" and you should find it. Check it out if you want.

5. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

I have a back rack that was on my 2005 silverado 2500 not sure if they are the same and im in MA

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck. It's a little to fancy to plow with though IMO.

7. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

you didn't do to bad

8. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

nice looking truck

9. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

The rack is the same, i switched mine from my classic to my nbs when i had 3/4 tons...the only difference is the bracket kit.

to the OP, i still have the bracket kit for NBS trucks, PM me if you want to try and make a deal, they were on my truck less than 8 months, still in perfect shape. i have the rail plates, stake pocket bolts (really funky on these trucks), brackets, and bolts to attach the rack to the brackets.

10. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I know but im spoiled and looking at the Duramaxes I wanted Nav and Leather. Just happens I found one and the plow was a kicker. I like not having to spend 4 grand to get one installed.

Bruce

11. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Thats the nicest chevy interior to date, now they need to change exterior...

12. alex94

alex94 Junior Member

Amen! Took the words right out of my mouth. My uncle has a 2003 2500 he plows with. It is more of a work truck where as this is more of a luxury truck in my mind.

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

When I bought my Tundra I was going to get a work truck becouse of the rubber floors. But the work truck came with vinal seats, a black grill and bumper, and very ugly wheels so I got the packedge above it that has carpet floors.

14. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Sent you a PM a couple days ago. Waiting to hear back on those brackets.

15. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

Couldnt see it. just sent you one, sorry i was gone for the weekend.

16. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

too fancy to plow with? you're plowing with a 2010...his is a two year old truck... Well, you would be right -a truck that sharp is definitely too nice to plow with. Expect to start 'dinging' it up!:yow!:

17. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

explain that to me again?? your paying 41 but they are giving you 18 for your trade in?

18. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

sickkkkkkk

19. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

You got it, Paid 41k, they gave me 18 k for my altima and paid it off.

20. nhgranite

nhgranite Senior Member
    from N.H

nice truck bruce! (mikeb from nesr) sure you'll love the d-max over the 6.0.