1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting a Fisher HT for my F150

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Menghi08F150LT, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Menghi08F150LT

Menghi08F150LT Junior Member

Hey guys!

After the last storm in the northeast with two feet in spots on my driveway, I decided it was time to upgrade from the little kubota with a 4-way on it. I did some research and came across the Fisher HT series. It's not lightweight enough for my driveway and my grandparent's 1/10th mile long driveway and parking area, and it's got the minute mount system. I've had experience in trucks, and am familiar with the joy stick setups. I learned to plow at a young age, in a '74 F350 dump with a Meyer on it. I also used a spare Jeep of my father's and mine a few years ago, it was a '72 Commando with a 258 I6 and full hydraulic plow. That was an awesome setup. It's just for personal use, though. I have a "hook-up" per say, since my uncle works for a local place that deals with Fisher, and this one was suggested to me.

Truck's a 2008 F150 4x4 supercab, 5.4L 7200# GVWR

2. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Sounds like it would be a good plow for the truck to me, you thinking of a 7.5'?

3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds good. Get pics!

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sno-Way would be my first choice for that truck if you have a dealer nearby, or Boss Sport Duty. Otherwise the HT should be a good plow for your truck. I would get the HT before the RD. Direct lift, steeper cutting angle. They only make it in 7.5. You don't need the cutting edge option, at least not for a while.