1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting a Boss 8ft Super Duty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by GSORK, Dec 15, 2011.

1. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Tomorrow is the date for my install.

2. bleacher43

bleacher43 Member
    from MA

Congratulations!! Trip Edge?

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Post some pics when you get the truck done.

4. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

No trip edge.I'll try to post some pic's not to good at that.

5. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Truck is at STS right now Boss 8 2 VXT going on in am.....Wicked Excited

6. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

I was considering a 8.2 VXT but it is only for my driveway.I dont feel i needed it.

7. olds492

olds492 Junior Member

Hope you are happier than I am with the install at STS.You better check everything when you get it back.I had them install mine in late November.Bryan

8. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks dope man. congrats.

10. bleacher43

bleacher43 Member
    from MA

Love it... Looks good and ready.

11. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

What Happened? My install seem to go well. The only thing they effed up was they mounted the plugs on bumper at first right next to license plate. I told them not to mount but to run through hole in bumper so in the off season and when I am not plowing I can tuck them back in to stay safe. Here are pics I will get more tom with digital cam

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=42969&page=191

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=130782

12. olds492

olds492 Junior Member

Headlight not reinstalled properly,fuse to blower motor falling out so no heat,pulled wires out of factory harness and didn't put back.wires run along sharp metal,solenoid mounted on fan shroud,truck side mounts not torqued.And the thing that irritates me the most is the Boss sticker on the truck mount is upside down.Bryan

13. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

Wow that is a long list....I am sorry to hear that! Where in CNY are you located. I am in the city of Syracuse. I am subbing for someone this year then next year going to bid more my own stuff....My plow install seems so far so good...But if I do find any problems I will be raising holy hell at STS!!!

14. olds492

olds492 Junior Member

I am in Chittenango.Thought about bringing it back to STS but figured I was better off fixing it myself.I should have installed it myself but didn't think I would have time before it snowed.Look how that worked out LOL.Bryan