1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gettin Snow!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BRIMOW525, Jan 16, 2003.

1. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

Calling for 4-8" here in central De. Sorry for everyone that misses out on this.. Supposed to be powdery too. easy pushin'. I'll try to get pics put my camera isn't the best and it'll be at night.. Supposed to start around 8-9pm thursday night and continue till mid friday morning. I'M READY!

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Atleast someones getting snow. Have fun plowing.

3. mjandrew

mjandrew Junior Member

Here in Maryland, we are expecting 1-3 inches...but they are always wrong.

I am all geared up ready to go!

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we get the teaser end of the storm:( . supposed to snow after midnight into the morning, but not heavy enough for accumulations. im bored. we need more snow. i hear next week a seris of coastal storms should be coming up the coast. farmers almanac says a huge coastal storm on jan. 22nd. time will tell i guess.

5. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

snow

BRIMOW525,

If it tracks the way they are calling(probably won't
    :rolleyes: ), I may be finished early. If you need some help, let me know and I'll PM you my Cell. I'm in Cecil County, about 45 mins. from central DE.

Have Fun $$$$$$

Greg

6. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

I'm hoping it tracks wrong, and dumps more snow on Northern NJ for me :)!

7. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

skunked

They are forcasting a 60% chance of 1 to 3 inches expected up here in the Taunton Mass area. Which basically means we will get nothing. I am jealouse of you guys. I am ready for 6 feet anyway. I am also getting bored we need a good storm of at least 6". I sure hope the Farmers Almanac is right. Well there is always February and some of March. :rolleyes:

:drinkup: there is always a warm fire, a cold Beer, and some good TV to keep the lack of snow off the mind.

8. captfudd

captfudd Member

2-4 inches here in the phila area, can't wait this will make 4th time this year,

9. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Enjoy pushin' while you can. Another storm misses us to the south. a chance of snow on sat and on mon. pretty sad winter when a chance of snow sounds interesting:(

10. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Just got 2" in the last hour and a half. Suppose to get 2-4" of lake effect later tonight. All I can say is Thank God! This will be the 4th time in the last week to plow. A NW wind plus a cold front equals $$$$. Winter is finally here.

11. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Come On

I live about a half hour west of phila, They are saying the storm is
    going to miss us, maybe one inch we'll get. This sucks I have been watching this storm since Monday.
    Plow is on and ready to go hopefully they are wrong :nono:

12. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

its 11 pm thurs night and its just starting to spit. I'm going to bed and i'll get up at 3:30 am to check the progress. Good luck to all those who get some. Like I said before, I'll try to take some pics.

13. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Hey We are getting some lake snow here so I can read these threads and be happy about you getting snow.:D

14. snowflake

snowflake Member

havent have much in snow this yr in the grand rapids mich area this season weather people cannt seam to predict the storms very good this yr musta be nice to have a job that you are wrong so much and stilll get payed them big dollars.
    :mad: :realmad:

gary

15. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Yeah all we got up here in Smyrna was about half to one inch just enough to make you mad!:realmad:

16. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Remember snowflake, you could get all the snow in one week like last year. We are up to 5 plows now for the year and more to come this weekend. With 2 months left of winter (last year I plowed on March 29th) I think we will catch up.

17. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

I'm with you Matt, I'm up north of you in Union. Season started out great, then crashed.

18. snowflake

snowflake Member

got that right green last yr had 53 ins in just 10 days than goes to nothing this business its feast or famin iv only been out about that much too only 4 times until last weekend that was a good weekend at least got alll my cry baby drivers something to do once instead of whinning about no snow about ready to ask them if they want somme cheese and crackers with there wine hehehe

:drinkup:
    gary

19. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

BIG DUD!

We got about 2.5". plowed a little salted some and did most of the sidewalks. Made some do ra me so I can't complain too much. Not worth taking any pics. Better luck next time.

20. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

YEA GUYS...........Hannibal NY gettin clobbered again
    today ! ( 25 miles north of Syracuse NY Near lake
    ONtario).....Makin' the $$$$ this year ! Per push only
    for me.......Last year got NADA..........Truck and western
    plow with Turkey wings working flawlessly ! About
    outta magic salt too..................geo