1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getrag 360

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by MGardner, Dec 2, 2001.

1. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

I`ve heard more bad than good about this 360 Getrag manual and it`s hard to get the real skinny on it. At this point the main question is----,what is the best and most recommended gear oil for that application? The Mopar chat had nothing exept a lot of info on the automatics. Mine has 160K & I`ve always favored it ,like you would a bad knee. I`m runnin a Cummins of course and I use it year round for Lanscape maintenance.The reason I`ve "favored " it because shortly after buying it a fella that pulled commercial with his told me his top gear went out. He also informed me that he pulls 22,000 lbs. interstate. It`s a late 90 early 91 4x4. I intend to change the gear lube in preparation for the plowing season. It don`t shift bad or anything its just that Im a little leary after some of the retoric.