1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getrag 360 left hand drop tcase?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by the new boss 92, Dec 6, 2012.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

So I'm do a conversion in my chevy to a 12 valve. I noticed today that on my donor truck that the tcase drops on the right side instead of the left! What transfercase do I have to get that will just swap out?

2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

dude......that transfercase is like the best ever made... cast iron gear driven bulletproof beast.... swap the front axle from a 89-93 cummins its a kingpin dana 60. also a bulletproof piece. these are both what mudding guys use with huge tires and abuse them to no end

3. the new boss 92

I know but the problem is I can make the case work in my swap due to it being a right hand drop. I need a left hand to match my trucks from axle. I don't want to do sfa swap I'm not going to be plowing with it after this swap cause there will be to much weight.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Just unbolt the transfer case and see if the chevy case will match up with the output of the 47RH/RE trans. Otherwise, you may need to change the input of your transfer case (not hard) to one that matches the trans.

Check out competitiondiesel.com they have a great "conversion" section where I'm sure this has been encountered before.

EDIT - Just noticed you have a 5 speed, sorry
    Please post pics of this as well!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  5. the new boss 92

My transfercase is a 32 spline and it won't bolt up it the existing adaptor in the 5 speed. I know dodge has to have another 29 spline tcase out there that I can bolt up that's left hand drop. I don't want to be taking apart cases just yet be cause I can sell both of them and get the right one and make money at the same time to pay for other stuff on the swap like the motor mounts

6. plowguy43

What year is the 12 valve from? Sounds like a VE pump from the late 80's early 90's. I wonder if the newer 241HD transfer case would swap on there from a 94-02 cummins/V10?

7. the new boss 92

It's a intercooled 93 12 valve. I talked to a driveline place place and a 94-02 case will work but the clicking with be slightly different so ill have to take the adapter off the trans and egg out the whole to mount it back up witch is no big deal

8. plowguy43

Nice I was thinking it should work, mine is left drop. We need pics once you start

9. the new boss 92

Most deffinatly, the worst parts is I'm having trouble finding the right transfercase right now, most I find is a 23 spline not a 29. There out there just hard to come by.