1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Get Ready WI

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by lawnproslawncar, Feb 16, 2008.

1. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Hey everyone in central WI and south. We got 8 inches projected for sunday. More than that coming for the south part of the state!
    Got any room to pile down there?

Good luck everyone, stay safe, and keep the red bull flowing.

Joe Anderson
    Waupaca, WI

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 Senior Member

Yep, they're saying 12 inches here by the time it's done tomorrow.

We're ready.. Bring it onpayup

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Looks like rain here first. Storm watch has been cancelled for our area. Here is our latest forecast.

The NWS in milwaukee/sullivan has issued a winter weather advisory, which is in effect from 3 am Sunday to midnight cst Sunday night. The winter storm watch is no longer in effect.
    Sleet, snow, and freezing rain will develop after 3 am with light ice accumulation expected. Temperatures will warm above freezing Sunday morning and will not drop below freezing until mid to late afternoon. Therefore, rain and fog may occur for some time in the morning and into the afternoon over southeast wisconsin. The rain and any mixed precipitation will then change to snow from mid afternoon to the evening. Snow will then continue Sunday night. Snow accumulations will range from 3 to 6 inches.
    A winter weather advisory is issued when a mixture of snow, and/or sleet, and/or freezing rain will cause difficult travel. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities. Use caution while driving.

Everybody stay safe out there.

4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

snow on sun/mon

Ya, that must be the storm that is on it's way to me on sun. night/mon. morning, I have'nt seen any snow totals yet, but my weather guy says heavy snow W/ lake effect, By the way I,m located just east of you on the east side of LAKE MICHIGAN.

Hope we all get hammered W/ snow

Yon

5. TP Snow and ice

TP Snow and ice Junior Member

they said 12 inches here

6. lawnproslawncar

10"

we just got raised to 10 inches b4 its all said and done! money money money

7. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I don't know how you guys get so excited. I get stressed out when we get heavy snow in the forecast. Supposed to get 6" here with high winds and that gets me worked up. Maybe it's just me. This is my first year with a lot of accounts and a couple helpers. I normally only took what I could handle alone. Hopefully it gets less stressful as the years go on. We always have it done when it is supposed to be, just makes me stressed.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  8. powerstroke_7.3

powerstroke_7.3 Member

hey TP and snow and ice i just picked up a plow truck if you need help id be more than willing to travel to port washington to come plow with you just let me know im desperate now and want to use my plow.

9. lawnproslawncar

Hey

Hey Buddhaman,
    So where are you from in WI?

10. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

In a little town called Antigo.

Now they are saying 6-12"

11. lawnproslawncar

They are saying that for us too.
    I don't know. I just hope that we don't quickly warm up at the end of march, that will bring flooding :(. This precipitation thing can keep up all summer though, green lawns equal money money money

12. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Up here they're calling for 6-10"s. Not to complain, but I'm tired of snow for the year. It's been too mild the last couple years so now that we actually get winter it's kind of a shock. I'm ready just not too willing.

13. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

14. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I know, I know. If anybody wants my allotment they can come a get it.

15. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I second ya on the getting tired of snow for the year. It has now started.

16. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

In Wautoma, where forcasted for 11 inches today!!!

17. powerstroke_7.3

powerstroke_7.3 Member

if anyone around the washington county are dont want their clients ill pick them up

18. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Good luck and have fun with this one guys! Sounds awfully bad (good)! Be thanksful for what your getting and when you get too much send some up north cuz we dont have shitz for snow!:cry:

19. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Lots of rain and freezing rain here this morning. Here's the remainder of our day ahead.

A winter weather advisory remains in effect until midnight cst tonight.
    Mainly freezing rain will continue to affect southern wisconsin early this morning, with light ice accumulation under one quarter inch expected. Temperatures will warm above freezing by mid morning Sunday, and will not drop below freezing until mid to late afternoon.
    Therefore, rain and fog may occur for some time in the morning and into the afternoon over southeast wisconsin. The rain and any mixed precipitation will then change to snow from mid afternoon to the evening. Snow will then continue Sunday night. Snow accumulations will range from 2 to 5 inches.
    A winter weather advisory is issued when a mixture of snow, and/or sleet, and/or freezing rain will cause difficult travel. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities. Use caution while driving.

20. swisconsin

swisconsin Junior Member

Raining right now down here in Beloit. So it will make for great fun when the temp drops and every thing turns into a skating rink