1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Get ready for 3/6 boys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplowjay, Mar 5, 2003.

1. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Looks like some snow from teh mass pike south as a storm develops near delaware. GOt 3 to 6 forecasted here in south central ct.

2. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 Member

check accuweather.com...they predict 1-2 60 miles north of nyc...not much in ct.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

the fact is all the weather forecasters are flipping out over this. they have no clue what is going to happen. ive heard anywhere from 2 inches to a foot. im going to wait till 11 and see what the new data says.
  4. hoagie

hoagie Member

11:00pm news says 4-8" for south eastern MA.

:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:
  5. bastalker

bastalker Junior Member
    from Ct.

TWC says 2-4" in Southeastern CT. as of 12:30AM.:rolleyes: If I look out the window and it has dumped a couple of inches I,ll plow....If not I,ll:drinkup: :drinkup:
  6. hoagie

hoagie Member

That was last night that I was :drinkup: :drinkup: when I saw the forecast.

Just got in, and they were actually right on the money... most places around here got 8".
  7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Brad Field on channel 30 says: two more storms next week. One tuesday and one Friday. Well boys the winter that just wont quit in the Northeast continues.

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I just finished plowing this one, our 2 to 4" forcast turned into 8 1/2" on the ground. When I looked at the radar, this storm looked a lot like a Nor'easter, but it split and part went to sea. I was real nervous for a while, I thought we were getting another President's Day storm.
  9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Very easy 9". No problems at all with this storm.

It is only the 1st week of March, two or three weeks of "winter weather" still possible.
  10. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

We got 3". It was a good storm. calling for more next week, bring it on :)
  11. drobson

drobson Senior Member

Got 3-4" north of Boston, nice light dry snow, great for plowing and snowblowing. The route went very quickly.. Could use a couple more like this one before the season ends.
  12. bastalker

bastalker Junior Member
    from Ct.

Started at 8:00am yesterday an just finished..(another 36 hours)and 9". Would really like a 2-3" dump ;) A little easier on the back.I think New Englanders forgot how to drive in snow this storm!!Sawa state plower bury his blade in the back af a new chevy truck. Musta fell asleep:eek: numerous cars in the ditch:( Be nice to get a clipper next week just for GP :drinkup:
  13. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Hey folks, I can remember....

a couple of really big April Snow storms too, so you never know what can happen.

One of the privileges of living in the North East:D :nod:
  14. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I had to plow in 2 of the last 6 Aprils, so that's certainly not out of the question. Got 2" yesterday. 1-2" forecast for Monday\Tuesday, and there are hints of a decent event later in the week again. So much for getting my winter to do list done :eek: Gonna try to winterize the lawn equipment early next week at least. :eek:
  15. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

Anyone remember the May 9th snowstorm? I think it was around 1976... That was a couple years before I started plowing, but i remember being very surprised. I'm never surprised by late storms anymore... March can be a very busy month.
  16. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Thursday we got 3 1/2" here at home. 20 miles south of here, which is where most of our plowing is, we got 1/2" of snow with 1/4" of ice on top of it.

Last Monday Accuweather was saying that Thursday was going to be the only sunny day all week...
  17. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We crushed the seasonal limits on our contracts during the presidents day storm, everything now is extra above and beyond the contract. I have never plowed so much powder, I thought for sure this last event would be heavy and wet, but just 8' of powder.
    When in mystic are you, I have been working on High Street the last two weeks. I am at 293 High street, stop by and say hi if you like, or call me at 860-608-1842 and we can get a coffee at Bess Eaten or the like.