Snow Plowing Forum banner

Get ready for 3/6 boys

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  plowking35 
#1 ·
Looks like some snow from teh mass pike south as a storm develops near delaware. GOt 3 to 6 forecasted here in south central ct.

Jay

#7 ·
Brad Field on channel 30 says: two more storms next week. One tuesday and one Friday. Well boys the winter that just wont quit in the Northeast continues.

Jay

#8 ·
I just finished plowing this one, our 2 to 4" forcast turned into 8 1/2" on the ground. When I looked at the radar, this storm looked a lot like a Nor'easter, but it split and part went to sea. I was real nervous for a while, I thought we were getting another President's Day storm.

#11 ·
Got 3-4" north of Boston, nice light dry snow, great for plowing and snowblowing. The route went very quickly.. Could use a couple more like this one before the season ends.

#12 ·
Started at 8:00am yesterday an just finished..(another 36 hours)and 9". Would really like a 2-3" dump ;) A little easier on the back.I think New Englanders forgot how to drive in snow this storm!!Sawa state plower bury his blade in the back af a new chevy truck. Musta fell asleep:eek: numerous cars in the ditch:( Be nice to get a clipper next week just for GP :drinkup:

#13 ·
Hey folks, I can remember....

a couple of really big April Snow storms too, so you never know what can happen.

One of the privileges of living in the North East:D :nod:

#14 ·
I had to plow in 2 of the last 6 Aprils, so that's certainly not out of the question. Got 2" yesterday. 1-2" forecast for Monday\Tuesday, and there are hints of a decent event later in the week again. So much for getting my winter to do list done :eek: Gonna try to winterize the lawn equipment early next week at least. :eek:

#15 ·
Anyone remember the May 9th snowstorm? I think it was around 1976... That was a couple years before I started plowing, but i remember being very surprised. I'm never surprised by late storms anymore... March can be a very busy month.

#16 ·
Thursday we got 3 1/2" here at home. 20 miles south of here, which is where most of our plowing is, we got 1/2" of snow with 1/4" of ice on top of it.

Last Monday Accuweather was saying that Thursday was going to be the only sunny day all week...

#17 ·
We crushed the seasonal limits on our contracts during the presidents day storm, everything now is extra above and beyond the contract. I have never plowed so much powder, I thought for sure this last event would be heavy and wet, but just 8' of powder.
BASTALKER
When in mystic are you, I have been working on High Street the last two weeks. I am at 293 High street, stop by and say hi if you like, or call me at 860-608-1842 and we can get a coffee at Bess Eaten or the like.
Dino

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.