1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Get ready CT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CrazyPlower, Oct 27, 2005.

1. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

There is talk about us getting some plowable snow for Saturday. There is a low going to develop just south of CT. It could miss us and it could be a direct hit. Lets pray it can be a direct hit so we can make us some money.

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

are you kidding,were did you here that i thought it was going to be 60s?

3. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Your not the only one that thought it was going to be in the 60's it was on channel 8 at noon.

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Dont get your hopes up, the low looks to be passing well off shore and its supposed to be even warmer then tuesdays storm, even then they only got snow in the higher elevations.

3rd week in November there will be something plowable for most of southern New England.

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

According to posters on the weather board ...Dr mel on channel 8 said if the storm hits it will be a colder storm and some places could see 3 plus inches away from the shore.

Im not readly to plow yet we havnt even started clearing leaves:rolleyes:

6. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Where did you hear about getting snow for the 3rd week in november? and your not the only one that hasnt strated leaves yet

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Just my prediction, we shall find out:nod:

8. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Just looked on wtnh's web site and no mention of snow.Did you see sugar plums dancing when you were dreaming too LOL

9. go plow

go plow Senior Member

your kidding, i hope, i just droped off the plow this morning to have it serviced... were are all of you from in CT...??? im in Winsted/ litchfield county

10. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I hope it doesn't snow til after Thanksgiving. I have a ton of fall cleanups and will start on Monday. The leaves are late this year. I just hate rushing to get plows on. I did hear tonights latest forcast and no mention of snow.

11. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Northfield/Thomaston:waving:

12. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

Man...leaves arent even 50% down around here in southern fairfield lol...some still even green. ITs real patchy...some lawns are covered, others are scattered...crazy year. All we need now is an early storm to :yow!: everythng up

13. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member

Im not readly to plow yet we havnt even started clearing leaves:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Just looked on all the local web sites: wfsb, wtnh, nbc30. The only thing listed is possibly wet snowflakes (higher elevations) on wfsb's site.
    Let's hold on this snow talk till Mid December...Please

14. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

any southwestern plow guy looking for light sanding work

15. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Local news has backed off some they think most of it will stay out to sea.
    Channel 8 did mention east of the Conn river could still see some snow.

iws1_430.jpg

16. go plow

go plow Senior Member

Echovally, Im Down Your Way All The Time!!!! Not For Work,a Freind Of Mine Lives On Hickery Hill???? Nice Quiet Town You Live In!!!!

17. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Well just got new weather information bout this small storm. Looks like we could possibly pick up 1-3 inches here in eastern connecticut. But still too far to call

18. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

First false alarm of the season :bluebounc

19. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

You got that right the only area they are predictin accumulating snow is up near the putnam area wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!! back to leaves again

20. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member

leaves are the best.