1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Get More Done with Curtis Sno-Pro Poly Plows

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Michael J. Donovan, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

Curtis Industries has introduced the Sno-Pro Polymer line of snowplows with all the features of the classic but with the benefits of a Polymer moldboard. Both the 7 ½ ft. and 8 ft. models are available with a full moldboard trip or popular trip-edge design to insure operator and vehicle safety. The moldboards are made of high-density, impact-resistant Polymer with extensive bracing to provide superior strength and durability. Polymer blades have a slicker surface than painted metal so the snow slides with less friction. This means less stress on your truck’s drive train. And the color is molded in so your blade looks new longer. All snowplows use Curtis’ Patented Hitch-N-Run system for fast and easy plow attachment. Four control options are available.

Curtis Industries, LLC has designed, manufactured, and distributed vehicle cab systems and snow plows for more than 40 years. Cutis is a leading manufacturer of cab enclosures for tractors, utility vehicles and golf cars. Curtis is also a significant OEM supplier to top manufacturers of tractors and utility vehicles providing cab enclosures and snowplow systems. The company operates from a 145,000 sq. ft. modern manufacturing facility in Worcester, Massachusetts. For more information on Curtis products visit www.curtiscab.com or call 800-343-7676.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

to bad they wont update with more vids and specs

3. dbreault

dbreault Member

I'm working on it (slowly) :eek:

We had a great photo shoot at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway during this past winter and even plowed the track! You will start seeing those pictures and others coming up soon in new literature and web pages. Here is one of our new ads:

http://www.curtisplow.com/SnowAndIceControl/default.aspx?&name=div2

Thanks.

ussmileyflagtymusic

4. gkm

gkm Senior Member

hay dave I could use some more info on those wings how do attach to the pro 3000 and a round about cost

Thanks greg

5. dbreault

dbreault Member

Wings are around $350 (at list price) and are "bolted" on to the plow with quick-release pins. You do need to drill the mounting holes in the plow.

Sno-Pro 3000 & Trip-Edge
    Part No. 1SPW1
    2' Extra Plowing Width
    22deg. Forward Pitch-more snow carrying capacity, less trail off
    Up to 40% more snow handling capacity
    Long lasing rubber cutting edge
    Fast attachment & removal with quick pins
    20" x 19"

Keep in mind that these are usually installed to move bulk snow and not really as much to plow streets, roads, etc. They have a rubber cutting edge which may not scrape as well as just having a larger plow. Most guys have them on trucks that are keeping up with parking lots, apartments, etc.

Thanks.

6. PLOWMAN45

i tell ya what i wish i had bought a trip edge blade makes working on hydraulics easier the dealer told me they were no good

7. dbreault

dbreault Member

Our trip-edge plows have been up until this year coming with a gas-shock system to raise/lower the jack. While it works pretty well it still doesn't compare with the hydraulic jack on the full-trip models. We have redesigned the trip-edge A-frame this year and about mid-season we will begin shipping out trip-edge plows with a new full hydraulic jack leg. This allows you to adjust the plow easier should it sink in the mud/snow between storms.

We should have a press-release on this soon. ;)

Thanks.

8. Vulcanclassic15

Vulcanclassic15 Member
    from Ohio

I was just at my local Curtis Dealer (50 miles away) yesterday. Same story I get every time I am there. "We have no parts for the Sno-Pro 2000. You should up grade to the 3000".
    Ask them to order what I need & they say "the parts are hard to get, it could take a month to get them". Two hours of them telling me why I should buy a new 3000. I finally told them I no longer need the parts & LEFT!!!:angry:

With Curtis coming out with yet another new plow, does that mean guys with the current plows will have a hard time getting parts? Why cant Curtis have a web site to order parts direct for the equipment they make?

9. dbreault

dbreault Member

Most Curtis Dealers do not stock any parts for the 2000 Series Plows (unless they are interchangeable parts with current models). Those plows new are generally about 8-10 years old. We still offer all parts for the 2000 series should anyone need them but may take a couple days to get to the dealer. If you like please contact Meyer Distributing and see if there is a Curtis dealer closer to you. 1-800-MEYER-USA. They are our Wholesale Distributor for Central/Mid West US. You cannot purchase direct from them but they have an extensive dealer network (chances are your local accessory shop already buys from Meyer).

As for new plows as we expand the snowplow lineup we are constantly looking to make the plows more interchangeable with each other than they are now. Most manufactures don't offer a full lineup of both full-trip and trip-edge plows. That said we will continue to offer service parts on our older plows and current lineup until either our dealer network or customers feel it is realistic to stop.

...now for a real important question, when are we getting snow in New England! payup

10. PLOWMAN45

im in desperate need of those orange plastic pins byt factory wont sell them any way i can get a dozen of them shipped to me ?

11. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Curtis has been making the 3000 series plow for 8+ years now.... Nothing has changed.

12. PLOWMAN45

I just bought some extra parts 74.00 bucks

13. Seabee15

Seabee15 Member

I've recently purchased at a Curtis Snow Pro 2000 for my 86 K30, but with no nuts and bolts hardware. Is there any way get a install sheet and a hardware pack?