1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Get it done now

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Longae29, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Retailers want snow, ice cleared fast, plow operators say
    By Joe Taschler of the Journal Sentinel
    Dec. 3, 2008 11:04 a.m. | Waukesha - Private snowplow operators across North America are reporting that their retail customers have sought extra urgency in having parking lots cleared of snow and ice amid a stumbling economy, according to Martin Tirado, executive director of the Snow and Ice Management Association.

The Milwaukee-based association has 1,200 members in the U.S. and Canada whose business it is to clear mall, shopping center and office complex parking lots of snow and ice.

As soon as the snow stops falling, retailers are telling association members they want their lots cleared - fast.

"The last thing they want to do is prevent people from shopping because of the weather," Tirado said.

The National Weather Service is calling for snow today across portions of Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and Iowa.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

To bad they don't want to pay as fast. :gunsfiring:
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep thats the thing they want to pay the least amount of money possible and have the snow plowing and salting finish 1 minute before they open. If you want to have priority service thats fine, we can accomodate that, but dont be the same customer asking for dollars off the contract.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

He who pays first gets plowed first.
  5. dannyslawn

dannyslawn Senior Member

Money talks, BS Walks!!!!
  6. drumbo

drumbo Member

Maybe the "behind the scenes" motivation is to prevent an increase of sham/frivolous lawsuits from cash-strapped people trying to make a buck...eh?
  7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

haha that was my first thought. I got out of my truck last storm in a walmart parking lot in 5inchs of slush walking to the door boom right on my Ass. Id be far to embarresd to admit i fell to sue
  8. drumbo

drumbo Member

That's because you work for a living. Duh...LOL