1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Geoff's Pull Plow Pictures

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Mar 28, 2000.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

here is a link to geoffs pull plow pictures,&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.angelfire.com/ct/construction/pullplow.html&quot;&gt;click here&lt;/a&gt;<p>Bryan<p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Geoff,your as handy as me with a welder/torch.A picture is worth a 1000 words,Brian and Geoff thanks for the pics,I might try putting one together out of the parts I have laying around.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
  3. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks John, if ya have any questions feel free to post them and i will reply. Any other comments would be helpfull by the other users.<p>Geoff
  4. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

Geoff- <br>Did you just use a old front plow moldboard?<br>What do you use this plow for? Looks like a great piece of work, you have some skill man.<p>Nick
  5. GeoffD

That is 1/8&quot; steel plate that the Diamond sticker is on. I had an extra sticker and put it on for kicks before i took the pictures. The peice of steel that the cutting edge is bolted to is 8&quot; channel bar that is like 1/4&quot; think, i have tons of it.<p>I use the plow to back up to garage doors and pull the snow away. It has down preasure so it works great, they aren't too hard to build. Only if you want to buy one i would recomend Daniles, that the brands i bought the year before.<p>Geoff
  6. steveair

steveair Senior Member

Ever have anyone back into a garage door with the rear plow?. With some of the guys I've worked with, I could see them backing up and then pulling out with half the house on their truck!<p>Looks great though. Nice work.
  7. GeoffD

Not yet, no garage doors. My son drives the truck with the pull plow i built. He likes it, he hasn't broken anything yet on it, so i guess it's tough enough. I put clearance lights on the side and rear or my pull plows. The side helps you find the rear of the plow, when backing up to a garage door. The rear ones are for the person driving behind you. <p>I do know a guy that put a pull plow on a 1 ton dodge rack body. The truck had towing mirrors but you couldn't see the plow very well, more because of the rack body. Anyways my son's friend picked it up at the truck equipment dealer for him. Before he left the dearler, he called and said that the dealer would add 48&quot; guide stakes for like 30 bucks and asked if he wanted it done. The guy said no, well the guy that drove the truck this winter took out 3 garage doors in one storm at the same condo complex. After the guy hit the third door, the owner came over and told him to park the truck at the condo complex, and to walk back to the shop a 1/2 mile away. All this could have been avoided with 30 dollar guide stakes.<p>Geoff
  8. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Geoff - I know this post is ancient, but I have to ask you a few questions. Can you drop me an e-mail? Thanks<p>guido1@surf.de<p><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
  9. GeoffD

Tried to e-mail ya. Only the address posted didn't work. Ask all the questions ya want. Do it in the forum, so others can see the questions and answers, than others might build a plow too. This way it is a bennefit to everyone.<p>Geoff
  10. guido

Its not really about getting more info on the plow (yet atleast) I wanted to know if you can e-mail thos pictures of it, because I can't see them on the link thats listed. I wanted to put them up on my site (the link on my signature block) because a friend of mine stationed in Japan wanted to try to build one, and we were thinking about doing one here in our spare time. During the winter, weather it snows or not we work 24 hours (12 hour shifts) Theres nothing to do at night, so it'll be better time spent o9n a project (and I can give some welder training to the new guys) than everyone sleeping or screwin off in the 4- wheelers! I'll check back here to see if its okay to post those pictures on my site (of course I'll put whatever you want in the description and give you ful credit.) And I'll see whats wrong with my e-mail address right now, and post back Thanks Geoff!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti
  11. guido

sorry Geoff, I'm an idiot. The address I wrote was wrong<p>here it is<p>guido1@surf1.de<p>Thanks<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti