1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Geoff, shhh......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BRL, Dec 7, 2000.

1. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Geoff and other Eastcoasters,
    Ixnay on arningway about the bertaAlay ipperClay heading across the country. Maybe if we're really quiet, behave, & cross our fingers really tight, Mother Nature will bring us a little work here ;)

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

thats why my lips are sealed about the "thing"

Geoff

3. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

I gave up on the snow dance, then I realized I was pointing toward Erie & Buffalo. I am now facing east on my prayer rug. Let's see what happens.

4. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Confucious say wet week for East Coast next week; Confucious not sure if cold enough for snow.

Your fortune: No watch Weather Channel!

5. BRL

Highs close to 50's early next week. Rain! Confucious's Brother say, maybe tail end of renmants of your next week blizzard get cold enough for back side of storm to bring good snows to East. Set prayer rugs for stun!

6. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Man, send us a day of that rain!

I just want one nights sleep of more than three hours. Then we can hit it hard again.

Lake effect!!!!arrrrrrggggg

One end of my route has six inches, the other less than one. Then just the opposite the next day. Just enough to keep us going like crazy, though. Hard to believe its only Dec 7!!

7. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Eastcoaster,

Are the plows on the trucks???

8. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I agree just say "NO" to the weather channel. What was supposed to be a light dusting according to them and all the local channels turned into 3" in nothern Il. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and the plow wasn't even on the truck. Thank goodness for understanding customers. Look out Pa. and N.Y.

9. jaclawn

jaclawn Member

>>>Look out Pa. and N.Y.<<<

Yeah, right. Woke up yesterday morning to 2-3 inches of totally unpredicted snow. Forecast called for an "interesting" evening rush hour, with 1-3 additional overnight into this morning. All we got was a dusting.

There shall be no further utterances on any approaching snowstorms from here on out.

10. BRL

Amen!! I'm tired of switching all of the equipment from landscaping & leaves to snow because of these weathermen. Gotta be ready in case they happen to not be lying for once. Let's just post about how happy we are & how things went if we happen to get lucky & really get some snow in the non lake effect areas ;)

11. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

BRL,

We're getting lots of calls about sites needing salt in NJ this morning....

Did you get anything your way ??

12. BRL

Some flurries around 11:00 AM. The rader picture I saw showed a swath of snow went through South Jersey & then later another smaller one through North Jersey. I'm in the middle so I didn't get any.

13. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

We got a dusting here where I am in New Jersey, the company I work for was out this morning blowing off the walks with the backbpack blowers and salting. Sorry you didn't get any BRL.

14. mountain

mountain PlowSite.com Veteran

we got 3/4 inch here in the lehigh valley (Pa) we were out with brooms and speaders . it wasn't much but better them nothing

15. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

no snow

no snow here in eastern pa york area,

16. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

We finally got some snow!!!!

Even enough to plow. 1 to 2 inches depending on the location.

It felt great to be in the truck plow and salting.

Magic is a wonderful thing!

17. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow Senior Member

18. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

First sign of snow :- )

We had about a 1/2 inch deepdusting in and around Stamford CT. It started at about 3 am. At 5 am we salted the hospital just to be safe.

My personal residential customers didn't get touched. Except for one who has an elderly mother living with them and a Holiday party on Sunday. She wanted it plowed and salted, so I did as requested.

Gotta give the paying customers what they want. Oh by the way, she begged to be signed up for salting for the entire season. I tried to sell her on it last winter and she said no, different tune tis year.

19. BRL

My follow up. Talked to a guy in my town with accounts one town over & they were salting there. Just missed on this one.

20. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Not a flake in Phila Burbs..........Maybe the next one