1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Geo Tracker and "Snowsport"

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by bullseye, Nov 19, 2010.

1. bullseye

bullseye Member

Well, I did it !!! Ordered my "Snowsport" today !!! :D
    I got a 82" inch model and now just need to get a front mount put on my Tracker. Can't wait to try it out !! This should work for me, right ???

2. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

It will work for personal use.

Do they make a front receiver hitch for a Tracker or are you going to fab something?

3. nickp

nickp Junior Member

Pst a pic once you get it installed.

4. bullseye

bullseye Member

I'am getting a local Hitch Shop to fab me up something. Been browsing the"net" to see what will work, one guy used a mount from a fullsize Chevy. And yeah I'll post some pics when I get all done !!!

5. bullseye

bullseye Member

One hitch shop said they can't do it due to liablity issues !!! :realmad: Another hitch shop is willing to do it BUT they soaked me good ($$$) when I ran into issues with the rear hitch. (Long Story)
    Was wondering if front tow bar mounts would work ??? (Like the type you would use if you were towing it behind a motorhome). Then I could just get a front receiver made to connect the two points ?? It could serve two purposes !! Do you think those mounts could stand up to snow-plowin ??
    Maybe I just keep looking around for some to help me !!! :help: Let me know what you guys think !!

6. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I made my own by cutting, drilling, and doing some light welding. It only lasted a season though, than I needed to buy an actual hitch for my vehicle. This was ona Ford Explorer but I notice that the stress bends mounts easily if they are not secured in at least 4 points.

7. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

It's all about what you are plowing.

First, don't let more than 3-4" of snow accumulate before you clear it.

Second, if it is wet and heavy or slushy, you will need to be extra careful- make smaller passes

8. ranger88den

ranger88den Senior Member

Did you get it mounted yet? Any pics?

9. 98tacoma

98tacoma Junior Member

Ranger88den
    fyi re: bullseye plow, I pm'ed him couple weeks ago cause I was curious too how it would work out, he couldn't find anyone to install a hitch for him and the place that he bought the plow from was giving him the run around on the plow so he cancelled his order, that's the last I heard from him.

10. ranger88den

Don't give up bullseye, keep an eye out for a used Snowbear.

White 95 with plow.JPG

11. bullseye

bullseye Member

Yes, yes, yes, it's all true !!!! Still having trouble finding some one to help me.(This time of year is tough) Mind you I haven't had much time lately to hunt for help. (Been VERY busy at work,etc) . Yeah, I had major issues getting my "Snowsport" .. I waited, and.....waited..... and waited. So I just cancelled my order and was looking for any other supplier. BUT as I was getting my oil changed at Wal-Mart, I noticed a "Snowbear" AND they had MOUNTS to fit my Tracker !!!! Hmm.....hmmm....
    Haven't decided on what to buy now !!!
    My quad (along with my Dad) have been keeping up with what snow we do have.Been doing research on "Snowbears" . I want to get some thing that I will like and not wreak to many things on the Tracker.(front end compontants,etc)
    Thanks for all your interest and give me some advice on what I should get ????

12. bullseye

bullseye Member

Ranger88,
    Don't have to remove your front bumper to attach the plow, do you ????
    P.S. :nod: It looks pretty good, does it plow as good as it looks ???

13. ranger88den

This will be the 1st season, I'll let you know in March.