1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Generic non branded snow pushers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JimMarshall, Oct 22, 2015.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Just wanted to give a warning to any of the newer smaller guys who may be contemplating a pusher for their operations.

2 years ago I bought a 12 foot pusher from a local equipment dealer. Long story short, it's a piece of junk. We've had to rebuild it once, and it needs a bunch of work again. I grossly underpaid for it, though I didn't know that at the time. Long story short, do your homework and buy a known name brand. It's worth the money. Just a PSA.
  2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I've seen them everywhere all of the sudden. I noticed differences in the mounts. Name brands like protech have the skid steer mount as an integral part of the pusher.

Lots of the generics are just a quick attach plate welded on the four corners.

What type of failures have you had?
  3. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Skid shoes falling apart, box sides bending, cutting edges are bent, moldboard is bent, supports are bent, welds are broken, the posts that go onto the bucket broke off, welds cracked.

Long story short, non hardened cutting edges, inferior steel grades, and worse welding.