1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GENERAL Tires on F-350?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BOSS Adam, Jun 27, 2001.

1. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Guest

The tires on my new f-350 have bulges in the tires not really big just little and when u drive it for a while the bulge out a bit any suggestion or info my buddy has the same problem with his and he can't figure it out either and my truck just turned 3000 miles!:confused:
  2. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

i have 2001 f250 w/ generals and yes they have that mysterious bulge.

I also just turned 3000miles.

I think it was like that from the beginning. I'll ask the dealer first about it, but we also have a general tire nearby, maybe I'll also ask them why it looks like that.
  3. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Guest

I talked to the dealer where I bought my Ford from and he said they weren't bothereing nothin when its indented just when it bulges and i was like it does bulge but it has to warm up first then it does it and hes like well we can't do nothin til we see it like that i was like yeh ok then i drove my truck down to champaign IL and is a 2 hr drive from where i live and on the way back there was like a little vibration so I took it in and they couldn't find nothin cause it wasn't really warm but then my truck was clean and when it came back i went to get my glasses out of the truck and it was all dusty they tried road testing for a vibraiondown the stone rode i was like ready to blow up then they wouldn't was it so i had to argue with thm about that but thats where it stands now!
  4. Rocky

Rocky Member

You've got a broken radial belt. Feel the other side of the tire and see if you've got and indentation there too. It's very common to see these things on tires for light trucks all the time. The dealership will try to weasel there way out of it every time. The tire companies ain't much better. I had a similar problem with Michelins once. The tire dealer tried to make me buy new tires until I insisted on talking to the company. I had 6 from a camper and they eventualy replaced them all, one at a time. Be careful, because they'll have your head spinning with all their double talk. Have your warranty book with you and know its contents. Like I said, they'll try to weasel out every time.
  5. roscioli

roscioli Junior Member

I dont think its a problem if you have it on all 4 tires. My brand new generals have it, and so did the other 3-4 brands i looked at when shopping for tires. Both tire stores told me that it was the way it came from the factory. BUT, dont trust my opinion, get them looked at by the dealership, you cant beat new free tires!
  6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Just read in todays paper that Ford is having the same issues with General Ameri*550 tires as they did with the Bridgestones. The Generals are no longer approved as replacements for the recall. At least in the 235/70R16 size LT
  7. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Same problem here.

I had one cord bust where they were strained.

Of course everyone refers you to the other guy for possible warranty.

Not to mention I have 20000 on my truck and the generals are just about bald. (and I am a very conservative driver)

so be prepared to purchase new tires by the time you hit 20000 miles.:mad:

from NJ

Those indentations are normal... they are the way the radials are constructed , You will just notice them more on the larger truck tires than on the smaller car tires but they are on all radial tires, It's how the belts come together ? Not exactly sure what the reason was.. dont' remember its' been a while but it is OK aslong as it's an indentation and not a lump , which may be an impact break, that usually happens when the tire get's pinched as in a pot hole with the rim, but that usually does not happen with truck tires , but I guess it's possible ??/ The indentation should be from the rim to the tread if we are talking about the same type of issue....