1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

General Liability Insurance

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jason Pallas, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

Can anyone give me some good leads on companies that offer general liabiliy insurance for snow plowing? I've already got vehicle insurance - just looking for gen liability. I got a quote for $300,000 coverage and it was just over $1000. Seemed a little high. Just thought I'd seek some input for my plowsite brothers. Any help - info is greatly appreciated.

2. qjet1

qjet1 Junior Member

Sorry I dont have an answer as Im looking for same But if you forward the name where you got quote Id gladly pay the $1000
    Thanks. mike

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

contact your local Farm Bureau's insurance division.

4. qjet1

qjet1 Junior Member

Thanks someone mentioned the same at sima couldnt remember
    except that it was in NY(out of ) will check browser now

5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I go through American Family. For 1-million dollars coverage, I pay a little over $300 a year.

Tim

6. Jason Pallas

Slim - if you don't mind me asking - how many accounts (commercial/residential) do you do? Is that what they based your premium on? Thanks. $300 definitely seems like a much more palatable number.

7. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't remember what exactly it was based on, but I don't think it was how many accounts I did. I think it was the fact that I was the only owner/operator, and that it only consisted of one truck. Give them a call... see what they'll do for you.

Tim

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Farm Family Casualty Insurance in Albany.

9. Jason Pallas

I looked up a couple of American Family reps in the area and will give them a call on Mon or Tuesday. Thanks - let ya know what they quote me.

10. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

$300 is real cheap even for a one truck / man operation.. I am in the same situation but my agent whom I have all my business and truck /equipment insurance with quoted me $800 and that was only at the 300k level... But NJ is notorious for high rates .. Anybody else in NJ have any good insurance deals .. Let me know.. Thanks