1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

general liability ins. for residential only in CT.

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by jscan, Nov 28, 2010.

1. jscan

jscan Junior Member

been shopping around for GLI. for residential plowing only and really the only one who offers it in CT. for a good $ is state farm insurance. every other co. wants something else attatched to it ie; landscape business etc. a one year policy for just residential snowplowing is about $525. for $1mil./$2mil. aggr.

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

You probably won't find much better, here in Michigan I have to have a landscaping policy. I used to get GL insurance for plowing only as that's all I do. Ins company wanted full payment upon signing contract but it was cool.

Two years after I went to sign up again in December and the company said they were not doing it anymore.

Now I use ALLSTATE, I have a relative that writes a landscaping policy for me every December, have to pay 1/3rd up front and then payments till it's paid in full. I usually let it expire in May.

3. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

My GLI covers both trucks with a commercial policy for plowing, hauling and towing for my business, cost about $2200 a year through Allstate. I have to give them a list of drivers once a year and all my trailers have to be insured separately.