1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

General Liability Help

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by grassguy123, Feb 26, 2011.

1. grassguy123

grassguy123 Junior Member
    from NJ

I have a landscape company in NJ I have always been insured for grounds maintenance and snow removal on my GENERAL LIABILITY policy.

My insurance company called me up and said they thought I did residential snow removal only and now that they know I do commercial they will not be renewing my policy. I have never done residential and always commercial.

I have been calling around and no one wants to deal with commercial snow for GENERAL LIABILITY. I can get plenty of quotes for commercial auto insurance for snow, with no problem.

So who writes General Liability policies in NJ for commercial snow removal?

2. Precedence

Precedence Senior Member

3. bradlewislawnca

bradlewislawnca Member

farm family insurance.... bill burke in Albany and 518-431-5555 tell him brad lewis sent you. then he'll send me a $50 gift card ;)

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Need to find an insurance broker who can shop more then one company,even then find another to check his figures.

5. Diesel_1

Diesel_1 Junior Member
    from NJ

I was at the end of my rope dealing with GL companies that wanted all money up front, non pro-rated policies. Then I called Mark Lauria Associates. Great people to deal with! Year round policies with monthly payments. Couldn't find those terms anywhere I called! I only have GL through them, my Commercial auto is through NJM. Give Bernadine a call 1-718-370-8400

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011