1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

General Dynamics Buyout of Blizzard

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by salopez, Nov 4, 2005.

1. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I am trying to find out some info on this. I am wondering what it is going to do to my next purchase, if in fact it is true. Anyone know more then the general public?
  2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Doesn't General Dynamics own Fisher????
  3. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Are you sure you do not mean Douglas Dynamics, which owns Fisher and Western??? General Dynamics is a military contractor and snow plows would not really fit into there coumpany profile...
  4. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

general dynamics makes sub and ship parts for the navy:cool:
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

From what I have read, yes Douglas Dynamics bought out Blizzard Corp with no changes at this time.
  6. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

I hear they are giving you the option of adding surface to air missles. I rather like the idea, but its just one more thing to maintain and go wrong.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Surface to Surface would be better. Blast all the idiots that shouldn't be out on the road out of the way.
  8. RX8_with_a_plow

RX8_with_a_plow Junior Member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  9. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Wow is all i can say:dizzy:
  10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

yeah, it's Douglas Dynamics the Fisher/Western parent. Great addition to the family IMHO.
  11. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

LOL, thats a good one...LOL
  12. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

If the cold war was still on I could see this going somewhere, but we don't have too much use for snowplows in Iraq.
  13. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to see a flame thrower for melting ice......
  14. bgjj

bgjj Junior Member

15. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I can see that we won't get the pricing we get now. Just put an 860 on for under $3000 out the door.
  16. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

The worst part of this news is another growing business is closing and leaving Michigans UP. What a shame.

17. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

:) I didn't read or hear that they will be leaving Michigan just yet. I think that this could be a very positive thing for all of us. Just think a little further that what's in front of your face. The future of plowing technology is blown wide open now. Boss look out!:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  18. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I'll be back on Monday from Blizzard with a little to tell all. Be patient.