1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

General Chevy Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MickiRig1, Aug 18, 2012.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My Niece has an 07 Cruze. She has no working front speakers on the stereo. Also the turn signals make no clicking noise. They work, the indicator arrows work, just no clicking.
    Does the clicking actually feed through the front speakers? It has the base level stereo too,not the controls everything setup. The car used to have the big thumpa setup in it. I can tell from the marks in the trunk.Some of the wires are still there. The trunk lid has been great stuff foamed to keep the rattles down.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Maybe asking the obvious here but are you sure the speakers are actually in there? If it had a system in then maybe the people getting rid of the car took them out when they got rid of it.

This has happened to me before with an S10 we had at the garage I work at in the winter...no sound out of front speaker complaint and there weren't any speakers there to begin with!
  3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

That or instead of buying a harness they cut into the existing harness and pieced it together, you'd be surprized of the hack jobs some people do! Front speakers (if there like mentioned) might just not be hooked up. Not sure reading your post, but does it have a factory stereo in it anymore?
  4. MickiRig1

It has the factory system put back in it. I can tell, it's one one those things I notice has been disturbed. ( Double Din, basic system ) She said they did work a little while ago. Along with turn signal clicks. Speakers are still there. Her brother is a stereo junkie. He's going to pop the system out and look.I just never thought of having the turn signal click feed through the speakers. Makes sense when you think about it. This car is Her pride and joy ( Red and Sexy ) so She comes to me with ANY problems!
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Does it still do the ding ding ding like when you leave the lights on? My truck stopped doing that when the drivers side front speaker blew. That was fed threw the front speakers.
  6. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

the chime and turn signals are fed through the left front door speaker and its a common problem to blow
    these very cheap speakers
  7. MickiRig1

I just put front brakes on the car for my Niece. Big $242 in parts for everything! Gotta love a cheap to repair car.
    My Sister in-law works at the dealer where she bought the car. She bought the great warranty with it. The front speakers were blown.
  8. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

My left front speaker in my dmax has been blown for a good two years and I still hear the chime??? Then gain, its had a CD stuck in the factory stereo since I bought back in '10. Satellite radio works fine out of the other three speakers, lol!
  9. MickiRig1

I just never heard of feeding the alarms through a speaker. It does make a lot of sense.