1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gehl 7800 vs backhoe

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by maximus44, Nov 12, 2007.

1. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

Hi guys, have a question for you(anyone,lol)
    what do you guys think would be best for plowing: a Gehl 7800(100hp),or a Terex rubber tire loader(90hp)?
    I can buy the Terex new for 55k.
    Dont know what a Gehl is worth.
    Also,which will be more versatile in the spring/summer/fall when I'm not plowing?
    Thanks in advance guys!!tymusic

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Are you looking at the Vectra? Are they $55,000?

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on your lots and how you have to transport them
    Big wide open areas, the loader with a big pusher box (or a big blade)

tighter, smaller areas , the skid steer.

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

the Gehl is about the same $$$ $50-55k

5. joe74

joe74 Junior Member

I am looking into a 7810 Gehl or 2109 Mustang and wanted to hear from guys that use them how they work for snow. I have both a 10 and 12 foot pusher. The lot I have is large. I have been renting a 14000-16000 lb small terex wheel loader. The skid steer will be just about as fast as the loader. I think the skid will be quicker to use than the loader with turns and things. I have a single speed 85xt to use on the other pusher. I could use the big skid in the landscaping and excavating end of things too. Any feedback would be great.

6. Fordtruckman88

Fordtruckman88 Member

got a terex 760b probably the machine your looking at and it is a great machine

7. salopez

salopez Senior Member

The machines will both run 12ft pushers...but the hoe is heavier. I think it will really depend on your lots. if you can push both directions the gehl will be faster. if you have long runs in 1 direction the hoe will be faster.

i have a gehl on 1 of my sites and its fantastic. However you need to make sure the owners know its not a reg. ss and that they are going to be paying backhoe rates for it.