1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gawr Frt

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Jun 21, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Yes, it's me the "Tahoe Boy" again. The GAWR FRT (hope I got that right) for my Tahoe is 3600 LBS, Is that good enough for a plow? I don't know much about the rating system.

Thanks,

Joel B.

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

your Tahoe is basicly a 1/2 ton truck so i would think and any one please corect me if i'm wrong that a 6' -7' plow would be good for your truck or you might go with a poly plow for less weight.

3. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Our front axel ratings on the 1/2 ton Fords are also 3600 I think. We pushed it a little and went with western Pros at 7.5 ', but did put heavier coils on the front also. It is a super set up.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You should be fine, even with a 7.5' Fisher, which is a heavy plow. I think you'd want the 7.5' to clear that wheelbase. You could also call plow dealers in your area for Tahoe application. You could also look into a set of load boosters - there are several on the market at relatively small cost.

5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Joel; your Tahoe will do just fine with a 7'6 "standard duty" plow. Most "poly" moldboard plows will add extra weight, so take this into consideration when you make your choice. Both Timbren and Monroe make an excellent set of load boosters for the front of your truck.

6. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Just like what I said in the previous thread, most plow manufacturers like Fisher recommend 7.5' regular duty plow for your Tahoe, according to their kit selection guide on the internet.

7. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

JOEL, like i posted before...i had a 94 yukon and had a
    7 1/2 western on it..with NO problems plowing my
    businesses. Truck was dead bone stock too and
    turned on a dime. Wanted another but needed a
    xcab pickup................geo