1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gave up on Snowbear

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by tmarc, Feb 23, 2010.

1. tmarc

tmarc Junior Member

Sorry, but I gave up on my snowbear. I purchased a new one back in January and I thought that it would suit my needs. After two snow events plowing my drive and 2 rental units, my plow started sherring off bolts and the mold board started to peal. I cut my losses and found a steal on a complete snowdogg only 2 months old. I paid about the same for the snowdogg as I did for the snowbear.

I hope your snowbear holds up well with everyone else.

2. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

Sorry yourr experience was not so good.

I beat the everliving **** out of mine and it has held up great. It has a slight bend and the paint is no longer nice but it is a plow that is used in wet saly conditions.
  3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I've only used mine used snowbear blade for about 10 hrs(god only know how many hrs is on it) but I'm loving it. I was afraid to use it the first time because of the "personal" label but like h8to wrk I've already abused it and i'm amazed by it. Still perfect, no bends. Mine is older so maybe stronger then newer ones, but I think as long as you dont overtighten tip springs or hit solid ice piles they are great if you dont mind getting out of your truck to angle.

1991 dodge dakota 4x4 with snowbear
    1972 John Deere 110 with 39" snowblower
    dozen shovels
  4. acornish

acornish Senior Member

wow sounds like you were blasting curbs, or trying to scrape up gravel-- i 2 with my original one that is now gone abused the hell out of it , plowing a gravel drive up in the poconos- pushing my truck to limit more then once and only thing i ever broke was the little marker sticks ,i loved it so much i got another one and just got a brand new one for the wifes trailblazer in case im out