1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gave up and tried something different...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pstutcher, Dec 4, 2008.

1. pstutcher

pstutcher Junior Member

I replaced my 1991 Dodge with the next generation 2001 version and found that there wasn't going to be an easy way to mount the rack to the front and that the undercarriage mount wasn't going to work at all. Not willing to pay the $500+ that people wanted for the undercarriage mount, I decided to go a different direction and adapted the whole thing to my 1985 John Deere 950.

With the chains on the rear tires, I'm happy to say that it is up and working very well.

Here are some pics that were taken while I was building it.
    Tools used:
    220V stick welder
    Metal cutting band saw
    Drill press
    various others

Materials used:
    2x2 x .188 wall steel tube
    3x3 x .25 steel angle bar
    various other scrap steel pieces I had on hand
    various bolts & fasteners I had on hand

My goal was to get this thing properly mounted onto the tractor allowing the following aspects:
    1. All pieces can be removed by mechanical fastener so that the tractor can be set back to previous state.
    2. All pieces can be removed by mechanical fastener so that the plow rack and mount can be used as originally intended (so that maybe I can ask $500 for this thing one day)

Anyway, here are some pictures of the fab...

MVC-750S.JPG

MVC-751S.JPG

MVC-752S.JPG

MVC-753S.JPG

MVC-754S.JPG

2. pstutcher

pstutcher Junior Member

more pics

...rotated some of the others, sorry about that

MVC-755S.JPG

MVC-750S.JPG

MVC-752S.JPG