1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gave the md75 a real test!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Ericjr16, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hi guys, just got through a test from hell! We live here in the Northeast where the nor'easter hit the hardest. Right before it hit, we developed a leak. It turned out to be the pins under the solinoids. The guys at Caps plus in Middletown N.Y got it fixed real fast. We plowed alot in the next few days. We even plowed our road as the town got off the roads for their safety! The neighbor is a nurse and we opened up the street for her. The truck and plow did very well. I am happy to say we just got electric and internet back! Just thought I'd tell you guys the story of our last four days!

2. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Forgot to mention, that we had 2 1/2' of snow! That was the real test! I did get another leak from the solinoid area again. I will bring it in next week to get fixed.

3. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I did talk to Pat about that, sounds like the o-ring must have been damaged. Sorry for the return trip...

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow sounds likeyu guys got hammered witha storm just like we did at the begining of feb. We were plowing streets to because the towns werent/couldnt keep up

5. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hello, It is no big deal. Thank God it didn't leak enough to stop us from plowing out! What a nightmare!! We are not as prepared as we thought. Dad's truck has more street treaded tires so he got stuck numerous times. The snow was so heavy that if you ran over it, it became icey to drive on. We had to scrape it real good, bu the ground was thawed, so all the gravel/sod made you dig in. The plow worked very well, the truck needs ballast/tires next year! We are going to bring truck back to Pat on Monday and drop off plow. I will have to order some fluid to changer it this spring. How much do I need to change/flush plow? Thanks Smoorman!

6. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hello, Sounds like you got hit too! Our plow guys were called in due to dangerous conditions. The guy stopped late the next day asking if he could use our land to push some snow on! We had some issues getting stuck, so Dad was kinda nervous plowing the road. The plow did great,truck not as well! We have highway tires and not enough ballast. Dad had me ride with him form more ballast I think!! :) Now we have the problem of all the melt already! The yard is a real mess! Take care!

7. deere615

Yes we did. Most plow guys stayed out, but we were in a state of emergency for a few days the first night and day only fire, police, ems, power companys, and plow guys were allowed on the road!
    Yes my 2500HD had crappy street tires andhad a bit of trouble but I got stuck more with my 1500 even though I had new all terrian tires/ballast because I was doing alot more plowing and steep drives with it

8. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hello, Smoorman. I was able to have Pat repair the plow the other day. So far it doesn't leak anymore. I haven't had any snow to try it on though.Thanks for your help!

9. Ericjr16

Ericjr16 Member

Hello, We should have went out in the night, we were too lazy! We are going to look into a set of winter type tires next year. This storm we just had is flooding rain!? This weater is weird here anymore, melted amost all that snow already!

10. deere615

yep exact same here!