1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gauging interest 8611LP PH2 Blizzard

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Jun 30, 2014.

1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

As it states. 2 seasons old. One light, one heavy. Edges still 50%+. Very nice used plow. Nighthawks, etc. I don't mess around selling stuff or place feeler ads as to not be a PIA. BUT this is a truck I am considering buying and I have too many plows as it is. I want to see if any fast cash serious buyers would be interested before I pull the trigger. It belongs to a friend, one that is a plow dealer, so I know its history and trust it 100%.

It it currently on a 2001 Dodge Ram and will come with everything including the hand held controller. The conversion bracket has been fabbed to lower down a bit due to it having super coils.

I have no pics but will try to get a couple later. It is what it is though.....a 2y.o. used plow. It's not all rusted out or beat up. I would keep it myself but want to offset the truck purchase, and all my other plows are the same mount and this one is different. I'd actually love to try out a PH2, especially for the handheld, but I've made the final decision to keep them all the same at this point including my spares.

I'm not a "make offer" guy, but I honestly have no idea on its value. It's a $7k+ plow on the retail end and his cost 2 yrs ago was $5,600 IIRC. Currently it's probably around $6k cost and over $7k cash and carry retail.

Feel free to add your $.02, be as critical as you want, or make a rough offer that I won't hold you to until you see it in person. I'm a reasonable person.

Sorry for the long thread.

2. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I sold my 2 yr old 8611 with SuperDuty mount for $5k. Stored inside, Fluid Filmed, etc. probably comparable condition. I paid $6800 installed Fall of '12. This time of year...who knows what it's worth. If you wait til the snow starts to fly around here the dealers will be so backordered it will pull a premium. That is if you want to wait.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the input Raymond. I appreciate it. I was thinking time of year is killing it too you're right. I can sit on it. Would be nice to move it sooner than later, but that's a good point.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Here it is. I'm thinking $4k in the off season should be fair:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Just to help out the uninformed......me.......the light is capable of being mounted to a one ton vehicle yes? Also, is it possible to mount this on a vehicle currently equipped with a wide out, with no changes?

6. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I don't believe this will mount to a wideout. In fact I would almost guarantee it won't having owned a newer Western a couple of years ago.
    The lights go with the plow. They don't stay with the truck like the older units did. A properly rated 1 ton will handle an 8611lp just fine. I had 2 on a F350 single cab and also a F350 crewcab, both with plow prep

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

A Ph2 and a Wideout harness are the same as long as it has a 4 pin controller. Truck side mounts are the same aside from Western using receivers and Blizzard using a conversion bracket. So actually, I don't see why it wouldn't.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Don't wait till November. It won't be for sale then........at least not with summer pricing ;-)

9. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sorry. By "light" I meant the model "LP" as opposed to the full sizer which will destroy a 1 ton front end. My apologies.

So the question is "will this plow mount to an existing truck that utilizes a wide out."

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

As far as I know you need to take the western receivers off and install the blizzard like part.

I'm looking at an 8611 and that's what I've found out.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No worries. Thanks guys

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I meant you can use what is bolted to the truck now, just take the horns off and install the Blizzard part. Pretty cheap and easy to do.