1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chuckers, Jan 12, 2005.

1. chuckers

chuckers Member

Who makes a good piller gauge system for a Ford truck. I was thinking about adding a trans guage, fuel air, and im not sure what gauges have you found handy to have in your plow truck.
  2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Autometer, absolutely the only way to go! :nod:
  4. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

you may want to think about a oil pressure gauge, the gauge in the truck isnt a real gauge, it shoots up to that same point if there is 40psi or 5psi of oil pressure.
  5. z_plow_master

z_plow_master Member

i just installed a B&M trany temp gauge today, 46 bucks for the gauge, around 160 for installation cause i wanted it be finished today
  6. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

160 for install :eek:

autometer makes the best a-piller pod..go with a three gauge addon. I run a rocker switch on my oil TEMP gauge and monitor 3 three diff things....
  7. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Where would you go to get that installed. I see them for sale on web pages but who would you have install the gages?
  8. Backlash63

Backlash63 Junior Member
    from ny

I run Norsdkog digital gauges in my truck with pillar from summit. red is real easy to see at night. my two cents.
  9. z_plow_master

z_plow_master Member

performance shops

look around for performance shops, one guy asked for 200 bucks here in illinois, but i went to the one who said 160 (2 hours), aamco didn't want to do anything with it here, neither firestone,dealer, and some trany shops
  10. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

the trans temp gauge is really easy to install, you cut a tranny line and install the sender for the gauge inline there, the hardest part might be considered to be mounting the guage and running the wire.

if you have the time- do it yourself.
  11. chuckers

chuckers Member

Thanks for the info on the trans gauge. I was thinking about doing them myself. I have the time with out snow. Does anyone know how tough it would be to install a air fuel mixture gauge?
  12. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

on my A/F mixture gauge it is set up like an oxy sensor. I installed it myself, just a drill a hole in the exhaust pipe just after where both pipes come together on a v8 for the best reading. You can pick up a bung (round piece but threaded like a nut) or do it the cheap way and weld a nut then over the hole for the sensor to thread in. Make sure to get the correct size for you app.....and put antisieze on the threads when you install the sensor