1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gator Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by naturalgrass, Feb 3, 2009.

1. naturalgrass

naturalgrass Junior Member

Anybody ever use a Trynex NS-2000 spreader for a JD Gator? My JDL dealer is trying to sell me one. I have a Curtis "Fast-Cast 550 1/3 Yard Spreader" now.

Any feedback?
  2. naturalgrass

bump bump bump
  3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

This one?

John Deere's is gray, but is this model.

We have three of them, each running about 2000 lbs per storm thru them. This year two of the three needed the motor replaced. There is a cable to open and close the feed gate. They seem to break alot on us. The gators are kept in a heated building, and are washed after every storm and we still have problems.

The most recent was alot of salt got into the gearbox of the motor. Had to pull the four bolts off the plate, wash and clean out, and reload with grease.

We rent these units, if I were to buy them, I think I would look for a different spreader.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Those are some FN sweet pics...:drinkup:

Being that this is the Equip, tools, & vehicle PICTURES forum.
  5. gottaluvplows

gottaluvplows Senior Member

If thats whats hes talking about i saw that at Home Depot the other day.:nod:
  6. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

LMAO you tell them how it is blade:laughing::drinkup:
  7. naturalgrass

That is a sweet pic

:laughing:But not the one I'm talking about. This is a pic of the spreader (although not in a gator). This one sits in the bed kind of like a mini v box spreader. Must have just been made for Deere.