1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gas vs diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by luckyLandscapin, Nov 25, 2005.

1. luckyLandscapin

luckyLandscapin Junior Member

In New Jersey regular gas is around 2.09 and diesel is around 2.39 From what I hear Diesels have more power, better gas mileage,and last alot longer.However I also heard that diesels have to warm up for a long time in the winter, the starters can go bad quickly and that when something goes wrong with the engine they are alot more money to repair.
    If you do the math for power fuel costs additional price for diesel engine and mpg wise diesel is a smarter investment in my opinion but I dont know Im new to the business never had a diesel and from what I hear gas engines have little benefit besides a cheper upfront price so what is (better)? or is there something I dont know about gas engines that make them as good.
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Do a search on this topic. There's already quite a number of discussions and arguements on this subject.
  3. nailerdog

nailerdog Member
    from WI

Take care of them and diesels run forever. The power and fuel economy is a bonus.