1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GAS TRUCK (Just plain stupid?, or good deal?)

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Vaughn Schultz, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

1999 GMC TOPKICK C6500, Standard Cab, 7.4L Gas, Automatic, Single Axle, 86,530 miles, air conditioning, ABS, Warren salt spreader on rear, 6-way Arctic hydraulic snow blade, $23,500

2. Vaughn Schultz

one of the back

3. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

Never knew it snowed in Cuba. Seriously!
  4. Vaughn Schultz

Winters like you wouldent belive !

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

can't be...

that is a sweet deal, the truck looks like it is brand new! I don't see any rust, tires look good, is this a joke?
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'll take it, If it's not HOT! :salute:
  7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Thats the cleanest 7year old truck ive ever seen. Except the plow, it looks like it just came off the dealers lot.
  8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

sweet truck but its big for a gas engine then you load the dump up with salt or anythign else in the summer itll be heavy for it but ive never been around so thats just a guess
  9. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

We have 4 of those exact trucks. I personally know the company that puts them together. They are a very good deal. I was skeptical of the gas engine at first but they are fine even with a full load of salt. Plus you dont have to worry if the diesel is going to start in the cold.

Id pick the truck up.

We will be buying more of them this year as well. Last year we drove them from Chicago to NY and ran them all winter and they were great.
  10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

we have one also.....no problem as far as power goes...i have came out 0f the scales at 30k a couple of times from our salt supplier and she hauled like a champ.

One huge negitive is they drink like no other....we get about 5-7 MPG

Ours is an ex-penske truck and we have had quite a few issues with the charging system and our trans is on its last leg.....but im at 110k miles

i payed 32k for mine 3 years ago and it has made its money back 3 fold

i would say go for it :waving: :waving:
  11. "MR.PLOW"

"MR.PLOW" Member

So man did you buy the truck?:bluebounc
  12. Vaughn Schultz

Nope not this one :rolleyes: The truck started on fire during the test drive:yow!: Funny as hell, so I'm still looking :D You should have heard the sales man try to pull it of as smoke poured out of the hood. " oh its fine, they all do this some times, ill get it looked at" Byeprsport
  13. Vaughn Schultz

I have given it some thought, but you know, I think ill keep looking :yow!: LoL

Not real picture, just a joke. Wow look at meprsport I'm the funny man xysport I'm here to amuse you, like a clown :jester:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  14. ipc

ipc Junior Member

But seriously

Does it really snow in cuba?

What a shame about the truck. I would buy one today....maybe 2
    In my experience (9 years commercial) a gas or diesel cost almost the same per hour in fuel. Just driving diesel kicks butt. Lets face it though, this is about snow plowing. I have one old 88 gm that runs $8/hr to plow. My newest diesel runs $7 minimum. on the road my gas truck gets 450km/tank deisel gets 750/tank.
  15. me1223

me1223 Member

Seriously it never snows in Cuba, they're south of Florida, and Florida rarely(never) gets snow. The only thing Cuba gets is hurricanes.
  16. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Just take all the fun away:gunsfiring:
  17. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

thats got to be a arctic snow and ice control truck. if so it was a 24 foot box at one time. it will be a good truck; they dont take the cheap way out . the will rebuild a truck with there plow and ''there salt hoppers'' run it 1 or 2 seasons and then sell them. and they make a hell of a push plow. ive been a sub of them for about 5-- 6 years good company. good people.
  18. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

I drive a truck identicle to that minus the plow. It is a 2000. It was bought at an auction when the Nestle plant went out of business near here. It was only used to take trash to the landfill occasionally. The guy that bought it realized it was more than he needed and we bought it from him for $18,000. As of today it STILL only has 14K on it. The truck is like brand new. I thought I would like the auto tranny but I really do miss the 2 speed rear. It doesnt have all of the ass I would like but it handles 30k plus and rides like a caddy. I get a tad better than the 5-7 mpg but not a lot. I do like the looks I get when driving it. Its impressive for a small truck. Ive always had a knack for finding older trucks and cars with ridiculously low miles and this was one for the books.