1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gas tank

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by richard lepech, Apr 25, 2003.

1. richard lepech

richard lepech Junior Member

1995 chevy 1 ton 4x4 dump, my gas tank leaks.when to dealer and ordered new tank and paid in advance. tank arrived and is wrong one. i called 2 dealers and was told that it was the right tank and part # for my truck for my truck tank i got from dealer is square my tank is rectangular. can somebady tell me what tank is in me truck? i now have a tank, sending unit and straps that i cant use.
  2. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

I bought a new tank, sending unit and straps from the local autoparts dealer via a special order out of their catalog. Worked well. It was the largest tank I could buy for my '88 K2500 and did not match the one I pulled out.

Can't the dealer help get things straightened out? Are you sure that the new tank won't fit? It should be the standard chassis and since there are many sizes of tanks more than one size will fit your truck.

Good luck
  3. richard lepech

richard lepech Junior Member

tony, thanks for the help.i found out my problem gm put dual gas tanks in some dump tricks. my truck didnot come with 2 tanks . the chevy dealers in my town all show that my 1 ton can with the tank that is mounted in the back between the frame. i went back to the dealer and they figured it out and ordered me the tank that mounts partway under the cab. thanks again tony see ya rick