1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gas tank brackets

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rusty86, Jun 12, 2000.

1. rusty86

rusty86 Junior Member

Just got off the phone with the local Chevy dealer. Parts guy quoted me $49.73 each for a set of gas tank brackets.<p>Gasp.<p>NAPA says they're dealer only. Anyone know of an aftermarket source, or do I just have to bite the bullet. Old tank (leaky) is out, have new tank & straps, but the brackets are rusted pretty bad, only the 4&quot; or so near the frame are still solid.<p>TIA,<p>Richard<p><p><p><p>
  2. frahmie

frahmie Junior Member

Well, one thing you could try is the local junk yard. you could probebly pick up a set cheap and clean them up a little. or maybe a JC Whitney catalog might have new ones. <p><br>frahmie
  3. JB

JB Member

LMC Truck has them. They list them as a set for 73-87 for $29.95 plus shipping. If you want to order a catalog 1-800-222-5664.<br>Hope this helps. JB
  4. JB

JB Member

The price was for straps. They do not seem to have the brackets, sorry for the mis info. JB
  5. yortengel

yortengel Senior Member

I think your stuck. I have replaced them on both sides of my truck. I leave the skid plate off. This stops the tank from rusting as fast.
  6. Abe

Abe Member

ya gotta bite the bullet this time I believe, I had to replace them on mine too. I took the gas tank and the straps and went to the local auto zone and bought some truck bed liner in the spray can, comes in a can like spray paint, anyway I sprayed the whole damn tank except for where the sending unit mounts up, NO RUST, did the same on the bottom 8 inches all the way around the truck and under the cab on the bottom cab floor and up the fire wall, along with the insides of the fenders and wheel wells, all sealed, cost me less than a $100.00 and no damn rust anymore!!!!!<p>-Abe
  7. 350305

350305 Junior Member

gas brackets

if your still looking, you can get them at www.americanclassic.com
    had this same problem, took me forever to find them.