1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gas Station Estimate Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by columbiaplower, Dec 2, 2003.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

I am bidding on three gas station/marts in my area. I just wanted to make sure these bids were in the right ball park. The lot is 13,806 sq ft. And the lot is a bit tight.

2.1-5 inches $143.00
    5.1-8 inches $228.00
    8.1-11inches $313.00
    11.1-14inches$398.00

Each inch over 14 $20.00 per inch (blizzard cluse)
    Rock salt $90.00 per application

Thanks for you input.
    Nick

2. somm

somm Senior Member

'Sry nobody rsvp'd you friend, must have been with alot of other posts happening then.

Great Bid! We'd add $119 to your salt pricing, $87 to the blizzard-clause, per each-add'tl inch, and $93 to all the other figures for the New Year (if possible), then feature 2 prices on the invoice:

- Full Price paid in Net 30 days
    - 25%-off for Net 15 days
    ("Net Days = consecutive days from the INVOICE DATE not date when invoice arrived/was opened)
    You may want to fax them the invoice, then mail the hardcopy of it to them.
    Usually they pay pretty quick when they see it inside an envelope marked with "Prompt-Payment Discount Offer" near your return address.

Great bid, friend! Your odd-numbered dollars and cents figures show alot more thought to their management.

If they balk about it, tell them: "Hire Plowers for Peanuts and you'll receive Monkeys to serve your needs, when you really a Pro. Hire a Pro at good market rates, and they'll be around to serve you for as long as you need, no excuses and "baked-in" bills."

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Your at $28.33 per inch now. Wouldn't you want more/inch if its over 14"?

You should gradually charge more as the inches go up. Your in $85 jumps per 3".

First jump should be $85, second one $100, third one $125, etc.

The deeper it gets its difficulty is magnified, and not at a constant rate.

I'd also go a bit higher on the salt charge. Do they even want salt? Some don't want it with all the concrete at gas stations.