1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gas station bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by premier homes, Oct 14, 2006.

1. premier homes

premier homes Member

anyone have any ideas how to bid a gas station with 6 pumps, 3 entrances, and a automatic car wash with 2 vacuums and a convenience store.. im trying to figure a seasonal price with 3" trigger, with optional salt, and bucket haulaway option.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

A 3" trigger on a gas station? If I was bidding that, I'd sure insist on a lower trigger than that. More like 1" and put salt down for small amounts.

Anyway, have you got any pictures or at least dimensions?

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Gas stations are a real PIA. Lots of traffic, lots of people lots of parked cars. And gas fill caps on the ground price that baby real high

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That site will always be active. never will you get in and out quick and easy. 24 hour anythings are definitely PIA. We use to have a small strip shopping center with a bar, a 24 hour convenience store and a drive up mac machine. We quit doing it because of the time factor. There were always cars in motion, they'd park in your way, you'd have to make multiple trips no matter what the storm size because of parked cars blocking your push. There was never a good time to do it. Add in the slip and falls from the bar patrons to the fact the owner wouldn't pay enough to make it profitable, now I just wave as I go by. If you take it use lots of salt and try to burn the snow up, and price it High, Higher, Highest! payup

5. premier homes

premier homes Member

i am still trying to get aerial photos of site, but i seem to be having problems with local.live.com. i think the web site is currently experiencing diffaculties. i tried on 3 different computers.