1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gas station bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by GSS LLC, Jan 28, 2013.

1. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

56,000 sq feet plowable lot. 72000 sq ft of total property with 16000 sq ft building in the center.

gas station with a country store on the back side. what would you price this at for plowing per push on a 1" trigger, and how much to salt it?

Lets play higher or lower... i will start with a price, would you bid it higher or lower?

push- $150

salt- $160

ampride.jpg

2. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Higher.... :D

3. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

push- 200

salt- 250

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

6k for the season with salt.

5. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

G.d. Grandview. Haha.

6. grandview

What?:confused:

7. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

G.d. God dammit. You screwing up per push threads with your seasonal talk.

8. grandview

Fine,35 per push 15 for salt

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

250 per visit salt included
    With 1'' trigger you make 2-3 visits

10. grandview

I doubt you'll ever get an inch of snow on the ground with all the traffic.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That's a very good point. I do a district of 13 gas stations and it's often the case. It actually helps a lot in certain situations.

That being said, I price high, and your #s seem high to me. Not high b/c you're too high, but b/c I doubt they'll pay that. Gas stations are a low ballers wet dream around here. They set the bar back in the day when they used to pay cash out of the registers. I'd say around here maybe $250 plow and salt, favoring the higher # to plowing. That's a lot that a fly by night guy around here would do for $50/$50 no kidding. :realmad:

And whatever you are figuring for time, double it. Gas stations are a PIA. Patience is the key. There's no fix for ignorance, and you will encounter plenty of it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Exactly. I just saw this after I posted. 1" trigger may be hard to convince on contract sometimes, but those during the day storms make it easy to pop in and out to keep it clean without a question being raised.

I also make them sign every visit to approve that the work was "satisfactory". That way it proves we were there as many times as we were and they were happy with what we were able to do at the time. 1/2 price cleanup visits for all of the clumps that fell off the cars are always a nice touch too.

I hated doing them....................till I billed them the first month.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  13. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

If I plow my Gas Stations I have to leave them a sign ticket showing I been there each time In my monthy billing I send one of my copies Been doing this for 10 years had issues before the Ticket idea
    I still have 3 that pays on the spot

14. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Definitely bid high. Lots of traffic. They always think they have right of way. Hardpack. Slip and falls. Tight confines to work in. Have fun. I like commercial plowing but refuse to bid gas stations. I'll stick to churches, hotels and mobile home parks.

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

^^^^^I said the same thing, but times are tough and I take what I can get at this point.

16. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

Higher than what you have, that is for sure. I do several locations less than half that size for more than what you have listed.

MAJOR PIA because you have to be VERY careful around tank access ports and pump islands. That one is a good size canopy so it should not be too bad, but ya normally wind up backdragging the tank ports to keep from hitting the lids. Even then you still have issues sometimes.

I just ordered a broom for a skid steer and am going to try it out on two of my high traffic gas station locations, hopefully it will help with the ground issues (going from asphalt to concrete in many areas)

17. procut

procut Senior Member

I agree with every word.

18. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Be sure to add extra for the PITA factor, as has been said.

19. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

Price High. Gas stations and convenience stores are a Pain in the A$$

20. grandview

I'll take them all day long.