1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gas smell?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 06Sierra, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

My wife just called me at work so I haven't had a chance to look yet. She has an 04 Yukon. She went shopping and never noticed anything. Once she got home and was getting the kids out she noticed a gas smell inside the Yukon. She said it is most noticable on the back seat drivers side and in the very back. It's been over a week since we put gas in. Where should I start looking? Is there anything that is common on these to look at first? Thanks.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Being here in Maine it's possible you have a rusted out fuel line or filler neck. I would start it up and look under and look for dripping fuel indicating a line leaking.
  3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

You will probably have a electric fuel pump in the gas tank. There fore when the truck is running the gas line will be pressurized. Have it running when you do your check you might see the leak. Sometimes they are hard to find cuz it might be a pinhole with a very fine spray.
  4. 06Sierra

from Maine

There is no stored codes. By the time I got home from work I couldn't smell anything inside. I can smell gas near the fill door. I will look at it better tomorrow.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Is it starting OK? If not it could be the fuel pressure regulator. It's on the drivers side fuel rail pull the line off and see if any fuel comes out. Just something else to check
  6. 06Sierra

from Maine

Yes it is starting fine.