1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gas Question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by exmark kid, Sep 13, 2009.

1. exmark kid

exmark kid Junior Member

Well, this may seem like a dumb question to most of you guys, but i just want to be sure. Ok, well this winter i will have a snowblower and will be transporting it street to street with a truck. My question is, if I carry gas cans in the back of the truck, can it freeze or some how get water in it. Again this may seem like a dumd question and i would appreciate no bashing please. Thanks.:confused:
  2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think that gas can freeze until about -95 degrees.... I only know this because my father drives a gas truck :D
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If the can seals tight it won't get water in it and it won't freeze.
  4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think you have to worry about gas freezing , but getting water into the can could be easy.
    Just make sure that the can is closed and the cap tight.
  5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I've had mine get snow into it before for my blowers and it sucked...couldn't figure out how it got in there but from that point on I just dump alittle bit of gas line antifreeze when I fill up the jug and havn't had a problem since....