1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gas Prices......

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Broncslefty7, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

for the past few years here in CT we have been paying anywhere from 3.80 a gallon to 4.35 for gas. diesel hasn't dropped below 4 dollars in over a year. the last few days prices have been dropping super low. i paid 2.89 for gas this morning and 3.11 for diesel. im not sure if its just this specific CITGO station, but the Hess across the street from it is selling gas for 3.11 a gallon and the mobile down the street is selling for 3.40. anyone else seeing this?

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, dropping here too.

Mid-term election year!

3. PlowingPreacher

PlowingPreacher Junior Member

Paid 3.06 in Northwest Indiana over the weekend. Hope this continues though I'm not holding my breath.

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

2.89 a gallon for gas a couple days ago here in KC as well. It's been all over the nightly news that prices are down because of increased production as well as decreased demand. But now that SG73 brings it up, I'm more leaning with his explanation.

5. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

Just read today that we have surpassed the Middle East for oil production. That could explain the lowering gas prices.

6. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I am still getting hosed
    $3.28 Gas
    $3.76 Diesel
    I would love to see $3.00 Diesel

7. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

A buddy of mine works on ships that transport oil. He just said that they are going to have to run their ships on more expensive diesel fuel with less sulphur when within 200 miles of the coast. This will almost double their fuel cost. The change starts in January so expect prices to skyrocket he said. I think he said it was an EPA mandate. This is all hearsay so may not be absolutely correct but I trust that it was to the best of his understanding.

8. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

$4.00 a gallon is a gift for me for diesel fuel. It is on average $5.025 a gallon up here in Canada right now. Lower in Alberta, higher everywhere else. Then as our $ is .11 cheaper than yours, this makes it about US $5.53 a gallon. How's that for sticker shock!

9. JAJA

JAJA Member

Everything the EPA does ****s us middle class Americans

10. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Yeah heard about the large marine diesel change / that's gunna suck. Figure what prices are now then think about adding a huge demand - cat3 diesels burn average of 160 tons of marine diesel (close to crude) per HOUR!

11. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

2.88 heating oil off road

12. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

i have a hunch they may be trying to get rid of the summer blend gas
    i am not sure if they make a summer blend diesel but i bet they would try to get rid of it cheap as well!

13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The lack of Hurricanes this year is what I'm hearing is the driving factor and now there's a surplus of crude / fuel.

Reg is $2.86 and Diesel is $3.30

14. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

What is crazy is that 3 bucks a gallon looks good. anything over a buck fifty is a rip off anyway lol

15. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

it was $1.79 when obama took office.... blame him.