1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gas Prices going up, Western NY, reply

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

With gas prices up $0.40 gallon over last winter with no end to its upward climb in-site, please tell me everyone is going to charge more than last year?!

2. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

yeah price of gas going up..
    I sub out my plow. I dont think a 45 to 55 a hr will pay off.
    :yow!: :eek: :cry:

3. George C

George C Senior Member

Just keep taking advantage of the reservation!

4. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

$4.00-$8.00 per visit increase (for an average residential driveway) over last year to cover fuel costs and rising cost of doing business.. :drinkup:

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

You think the price of fuel has gone up? how about steel, insurance, and tires. Step back and price a new truck with plow and sander. Steel had doubled in the last 9 months. Insurance has doubbled in the last few years. Everything has gone up so it is time our prices also go up. My old customers for 20 years got a 10% rase and any new ones will be 30% higher and still wounder if ends will meet.

Go out and look at your truck and what do you see..Steel, rubber, fuel and an insurance payment.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

this is all bs 2.20 for regular here im sick of it i will get a diesil and put 1.34 heating oil in it im sick of high gas prices :gunsfiring: :mad:

7. mole

mole Senior Member

I raised my prices and people are going wild. I asked them if they yell at the gas station attended when they pay for there gas or the check out clerk at the local store when they pay for there milk that has also increased in price.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

its illegal to charge a fuel surcharge in ct i had my prvt garbage contractor try that im just raising commercial lots to off set this for now

9. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

fuel prices

i have raise my prices at least 15 to 20 % raise .i normally keep my price the same year after year . the customers are crying a little bit ,i tell them feel free to shop around and they say no they know i am dependable. i tell them i would prefer to charge less and pay less at the pump. don't be afraid to charge .

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for raising prices

Thanks for raising prices, I was worried at first because some I've talked too said they weren't, so its good to hear that most are.

11. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Bad Feelings about this winter......

Prices are going up and lowballers in Western NY are running rampant...

Seems like around these parts things just never change, Gas is way up...Insurance is through the roof and the last 5 winters have averaged 20-30 plows per season.... And people are still bidding in the $200-$250 range???

I am going to lay it on the line here....Does anyone agree with me that the average Residential contract prices should be in the $300-$400 range, especially with the lake effect storms we get around here?? Come guys, let's talk about pricing finally...Been doing this for ten years now and the pricing is stagnant around here....Time to stick together!!

12. mole

mole Senior Member

P. and pines I'm with you but try to get that price of 300 to 400 all the time. I had four fliers in my mail box today that had four different prices on it ranging from 175 to 225. The funny thing is my truck and plow are in my driveway with my signs on them and they still put the fliers in I don't get it. But your right we need some kind of unity around here if your willing to set some kind union up I'm in.

13. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Yep I'd be in on an agreement/local union thing..

My residential contracts are right around $400/season for a 1,000sqft driveway. That includes 20 visits max.

Some of the scrubs around here are shooting $115 per season contracts with unlimited visits.. :eek: :eek: :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: