1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gas pedal sticks on 00' Chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Arc Burn, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

The gas pedal sticks on my 00' Chevy 6.0,it seems to do it right after you start it and put it in gear.You really gotta thump it to get it to go but after that it's fine?It never sticks with the key off.I believe this has an electronic throttle?Any thoughts or ideas:(

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

your throttle body needs to be cleaned. my 01 has had to have it cleaned twice already and I only have 32K. Trucks into our dealership all the time with that.

3. Arc Burn

Thanks Matt,i'll have that done:waving:

4. ddm

ddm Member

Is that cleaning something simple to do? What do I need to do ?

Mine has been doing that recently (01 with 48K on it), but I just thought something probably got some salt or mud into a cable under the dash off my boots or something. (Doesn't get cleaned so well through the winter, time now for spring cleaning :cool: ) I thought just a good shot of WD 40 somewhere would do the trick but maybe its a little more complicated than that.

5. Arc Burn

Actually i was just about to ask if the fuel injector cleaning that you get at a dealer is going to include the throttle body or is this different?I see this service advertised all the time,i think it's around $40?

6. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

At our dealership I'm not sure if it's included in the fuel system service. I know it's more than $40 to get the throttle body cleaned. I'd don't know what it involves I've never seen one done. Guess I should watch next time:rolleyes:

7. Arc Burn

I'm gonna hafta find out,it's to the point were it's almost dangerous now.

8. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

I used rubbing alcohol with a q-tip and it worked so far. :D