1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gas mileage

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by baldy548, Mar 13, 2012.

1. baldy548

baldy548 Junior Member

Just wondering how the gas milage is on the 2011-2012 2500hd with the 6.0 gas motor?
    I am hoping it is better than my 2004 2500hd gasser.
  2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Most of the new 6.0L's are getting better fuel mileage than their earlier predecessors. Either way, it's a large and powerful motor thats main purpose is to get a large load moving in a large truck. Buy it expecting good power and performance and take any gains in MPG's over the old one as an extra gimme! Funny thing about those 6.0L's, I seem to get better fuel mileage when mistreating it a little as opposed to babying and being light. They seem to like to turn and be making power.
  3. Raconteur

Raconteur Senior Member
    from MA

I average an around town 9-10 mpg with the 3.73 axle . Empty bed normal driving . I can average 15 mpg highway @60 mph . It isnt great but thats a 3/4 ton truck .
  4. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

I get better than that and I'm running 37"tires and a supercharger?? In a 2003! I get 10 pulling a 20' trailer.