1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gas gage

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by meyer22288, May 28, 2003.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I dive a 2001 chevy 3500 1 ton dump.the truck has duel fuel tanks in it. for some reason the gas gage has never worked right.has anyone else had these problem with a similar truck?

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I know that my gas gauge on my '02 2500HD are not very accurate either. It seems to be about 1/8 tank off at times. But the truck has a low fuel light indicator message so if I am running pretty low it should warn me. I don't think it is connected with the gas gauge but I could be wrong. Sometime the low fuel light comes on when I am just about at the red E mark, sometime when I am about two notches away from the E mark (1/8 tank left). GM really need to work on making a better gas gauge. With the truck buring alot of fuel, you don't want to be caught by suprise running out of gas in middle of highway.

Since your truck is '01, you could bring it in for warranty work.