1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys. I am in need of a gas door off of a newer style body truck. The truck is a 03 but anything from 00 or 99 I think will work thru 07. If you have it in red even better. Thanks

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Got a white chevy door, what's it worth?

3. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

what happened to yours ???? Let us in on the story!!!!

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Gas door ferry?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Its on my dads 03. Hes got a pretty good sized rust bubble on the outside of it. and the inside is starting to bubble a little bit aswell. Its hardly noticable, but he just wants to get it taken care of before it bursts and then the rust runs down the side of his truck.

6. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Mines an 03 also, doing the same thing on the hinge. My exterior hasn't broke out yet.

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Mine did the same thing- bought a new GM replacement- paid a body shop to paint and clear coat is, and $100 later I had a OEM new fuel door on my truck!

8. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Sandblast it and get some single stage factory match rattle can and save your"his" money!! Or just paint it black!!

9. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Get one of the aftermarket ones that are chrome. There like 30 or 40 bucks.

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Doo-man I have been thinking about doing that. My buddy has a little hobby sand blaster that I can use. If I can find a red one I'll swap it out and redo the old one and prep it for someone that is looking for one.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010