1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

gas cans

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

Anybody know of a good website to buy new gas cans from without that stupid self venting spout. thanks

2. mojob

mojob Member

Try Grainger.

3. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

already tried that all they have is the self venting crap.

4. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

5. mojob

mojob Member

Graingers sells those nice metal cans with the spring-loaded caps. I just bought some there the begining of 06. They are about $35 bucks with funnels that snap over the pouring spout.

6. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I got a whole whack from canadian tire when they were selling off stock. I paid $5 each.

7. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Try Northern Tool. I picked up a 15 gallon can with a hose with a valve and pump handle that is called a Fuel Station. They also sell a 10 gallon and they are on sale now. I paid $79 plus shipping ($20)for the 15 gallon. It is gravity fed but this should't be a problem with most snow removal equipment.

8. mojob

mojob Member

I did a search at Grainger under "gas cans" and it only showed those stupid plastic ones. I looked it up under manufacturer name "Eagle Manufacturers" and it brought up all the cans that I was talking about. Two, Three, and five gallon safety cans for gas and diesel.

9. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

I have old style jugs

I bought 2 gal and 5 gal old style gas jugs(red) that were banned in 05.I have many to sell if intrested.:cry: :) :)

10. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

I have old style jugs

I bought 2 gal and 5 gal old style gas jugs(red) that were banned in 05.I have many to sell if intrested.

11. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Has any one seen the spout for the old chilton cans?

12. Fastech

Fastech Junior Member

The only place I could find the non-self venting/spill proof gas cans is in Canada. I bought 10 of them over the summer from WalMart in Canada. Canadian Tire also has them.

13. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

like gerry cans or gas cady

14. mojob

mojob Member

I looked up the part numbers at grainger.com for a 5gallon can and funnel. Can: 2W313 @ $36.50 Funnel: 6X853 @ $6.00. These are those red metal cans that are round and squatty with a flat bottom and spring-loaded flapper cap. No messing around with stupid screw caps. They'll last forever too if you don't bang them around.

15. suzuki4life

suzuki4life Junior Member

16. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I bought some of those self venting cans and drilled my own vent holes in them right under the handles. Had to experiment with hole size until I got a good flow, but they work great.

Joel B.