1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Gap between pushplate and frame?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BoulderBronco, Oct 25, 2003.

1. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

I am installing a conventional style 7.5 foot Fisher on my 93 Bronco. I have the pushplates that are designed for the "92 Bronco and 92-95 F150." I always thought the 92-96 1/2 tons and Broncos were the same except for the sway bar mounts. Well it fits almost perfectly except that there is about 1" of space between the bottom of the frame and the pushplates. Is that normal? The bumper bracket holes mount up fine and others do to. I had to re-drill two top holes in the pushplates for the sway bar mounts and put 1" of washers between the brackets and the pushplates. BTW I don't run a sway bar. On the passenger side I had to drill out two 1/2" holes all the way through the frame to get two bolts in (this is at the rear of the pushplate where it slaps up against the outside of the frame). The hole in the pushplate for the 5/8" bolt lines up with the hole in the frame but I can't get a nut/washer in there. So I am just going to weld it on. The drivers side is similar. It clears the steering box holes right and has two holes that lined up with the 3/8 bolts that hold on the ABS pump bracket. But those two bolts are the only thing securing it asside from the bumper bolts and the sway bar bolts. I am going to weld what I can on that side too. Again there is a hole for a 5/8" bolt that lines up with the hole in the frame but I can't get a bolt/washer in there. Also I had to torch off 1/4" of steel at the very end of the pusplates so that it would sit up against the frame better and so the bolt holes would line up better. I am doing this with bolts from around my garage and no instructions except what I got off of Fisherplows.com. They aren't much help as it is just a simple diagram and parts list. Basically I don't understand why there is a gap between the frame rail and the pushplates and how one would get the nuts on these 5/8" bolts. Sorry that was so long. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i dont know about fisher but on my meyer they use a j-bolt
    that goes into the hole from the outside of the bracket

the j is long enough to catch the inside of the frame
    i have 2 f-250 and that what we use

i can get you a part #

cardoctor:nod: :nod: