1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

G.l. Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by CARDOCTOR, Aug 14, 2005.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

whats gl costing this yr just received a quote landscaping plus snow rider
    $1200.00 for the yr.for 1 million protection

2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

If that is for "all" your gl, not just snow that is a good price. You may want to look at adding an umbrella to your policy as well. I just added a 1 million umbrella to my policy and it was only 600 or so. I felt that was cheap so I added it.
  3. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

$2100 for 1mil liability for landscaping and snow/full coverage on the truck, trailer, equipment, etc.
  4. norrod

norrod Senior Member

That doesn't sound bad.

I pay $1900 for gl $1mil Excavating (trenching <15feet) and snow/ice managment services.

Includes equipment coverage for skidsteers/trailers and anything I rent like mini-excavator.
  5. T-MAN

That includes full coverage for your truck ? Wow that is way cheap. Just one truck is 1300 for commercial here and gl carpentry general contracting with snow is around 980 for a mil in coverage. Then like I stated I just added a 1 mil umbrella to cover my butt for anything that could come up for 600 more.
  6. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Its not that much cheaper than what you're paying, you're paying about $2300 for the same coerage ($1300+$980), also my truck is a 97 yours almost new.
  7. T-MAN

Actually the truck is new, but the weird thing is the rate went down with the new truck by 200 smackers. I actually got to use the Geico commercial line that day. Had fun with it.
  8. mikekinney

mikekinney Member

Farm Family

I have had nothing but bad experience this last year with Farm Family Insurance, it seems that they have billing eras with increases premiums that just don't add up. I am in the process of contacting the local TV station to see if they can get straight answer.