1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fyi

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by nbenallo33, Feb 22, 2008.

1. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

so i dont know if anyone else has these problems when you disconnect the control or the power without turning off the controller it could cause the plow not to function? i get alot of call about this.. im not sure why this happens it seems like the controller dosnt remember the function it was in? but what i do to fix it and it seems to work 50% of the time is disconnect everything and let it sit about 5-10 mins. just to let anyone know if they have that problem... any other suggestions?

does snoway know there is a problem? are they working on a fix???

2. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

When picking up my truck after plow installation, the salesman was running through plow operation with me. He showed me how the controller worked, then took me around front and showed me how to unhook/hook up the plow. We came back to the controller, which was left on, and it wouldn't do anything. It was lit up but wouldn't operate. He ended up giving me a new controller and had no idea what happened. Not exactly the best start with Sno-way!

Since then, I make sure I turn the controller off before disconnecting and I haven't had any issues.

3. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

I just turn the controller on and off.....never really caught this problem yet.......

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There is a issue with not turning the units off before discounting. As Nbenallo recommend disconnect the main power for about ten minutes before "rebooting" Bill Gates makes a Snowplow:cool: