1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FYI salt location in northern illinois...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mikeplowman, Nov 18, 2012.

1. mikeplowman

mikeplowman Senior Member

there is a place in waconda, il called town & country landscape supply. FYI i got quoted $3.70 per 50#bag of rock salt and $88 per ton rock salt. i found that pretty reasonable and wanted to share with others...

take it or leave it

2. RussoSaltSupply

RussoSaltSupply Inactive

Russo Salt Supply also has material available in northern IL and throughout the greater Chicagoland area.
    We have locations in Hainesville, Naperville, and Schiller Park.
    We are giving away a free 40lb bucket of Peladow calcium chloride with every skid of rock salt purchased in store.
    We have a large selection of ice melt products.
    We carry liquid calcium, and liquid magnesium.
    We have bulk available for pick or delivery.
    Guaranteed next day delivery, while most of our orders go same day.
    We carry plow parts for all major brands, including Arctic Sectionals.
    We have all major snow blower brands & models.
    We have the largest selection of shovels in the world.

Contact us today.
  3. mikeplowman

Whats your bags salt price? Per ton price?
  4. mikeplowman

i am looking for 9-14 skids of normal 50# rock salt and delivery ( maybe free on the house :] )
    the location is in wheeling,il about 2 miles off highway 294& lake cook.

5. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

russosaltsupply, for the liquid calcium, what is that made up of? for example the % of liquid cal etc. and how much per gallon?
  6. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yeah, sounds pretty reasonableThumbs Up
  7. Deut2210a

Deut2210a Member

Des Plaines Material and Supply

$78.50 per yard of rock salt. Clean and dry, nice light blue color too. 1269 Golf Road DP between Rand and River
  8. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I'll have a small pile 25 tons on hand if anyone needs something in an emergency.

Crystal Lake / Prairie Grove area
  9. RussoSaltSupply

RussoSaltSupply Inactive

Sent me a PM with location and what products you are interested in and I will be glad to provide you with competitive pricing.
    We have product in stock in Schiller Park, Naperville, and Hainesville.
    We can delivery any pallet quantity to you in a reasonable time frame.
  10. mikeplowman

hey deut2210a. i sent you a PM
  11. mikeplowman

hey Russo, I sent you a PM
  12. Ranger429

Ranger429 Member

I'll share my experience now that I'm a paying customer. I talked with you this morning and you quoted me $4.25 per bag by the skid. You also told me when I asked you had plenty on hand so it wasn't necessary to rush in.

Considering I wanted to get this out of the way I headed down to the Hainesville store 45 minutes away and bought a skid of salt. I was informed by your counter person that salt was $4.49 per bag which is what I paid. When I went to load it all that was left was 43 bags on a skid. I was then given 6 different bags of another material 2 of which were 50% hard and one that was ripped open. Being pinched for salt I didn't have much of an option.

I appreciate your honesty when I called you this morning. Nothing like getting the customer into the store.
  13. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Ouch! Hate when that happens. Seems to be a common thing in the Chicagoland area.