1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FYI New Update for Fuse Block Corrosion

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by k1768, Dec 23, 2014.

1. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Just a heads up I was at dealer this morning getting new tires and they completed a new update at the same time. The service writers hadn't heard of it before, but they had the parts in stock. It never showed on my OnStar report, or when I manually looked for it by VIN, and I couldn't find any information on it at all online. Paperwork describes it as Service Update Bulletin #14154 "220 AMP GENERATOR FUSE BLOCK CORROSION". The Service Manager (new to the dealer, former GM Field Engineer) said he did the update with the tech since it was the first one they did and tech was questioning the extra wiring I put in. He said they replaced the fuse block mounted to the top of the battery and the supply cable going to the engine bay distribution/ fuse block. Part numbers installed: 23261760 Block and 23261761 Cable.

Since the paper work shows it as update bulletin and not recall (even though service writer called it a recall) I assume notifications will not be sent out. I was not charged anything for the update,

I don't know what years this applies to. I have a 2015 GMC 2500.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014